Anyone Supercharged A 4k?

actemb

i'm in the process of attaching a SC14 supercharger to my 5K however i'm doing it properly and getting the diff and gearbox sorted first so i wont break much when i do eventually get it on there....:D

Members dont see this ad

In my case i used EFI and the computer controlled everything timing wise.

but to run safely with carb and normal dizzy, you SHOULD limit the amount of advance, as you may get detonation if you run high boost and high revs.

My fuel pump was a EFI unit.

The fuel pump will differ with draw through or blow through, Draw through you could use the standard pump or a low psi pump (4-5 psi)

blow through youll need a higher PSI pump as youll need the fuel pressure higher than the supercharger boost, EG you run 10 PSI boost youll need 13-15psi fuel pressure.

Edited by NickZ

not only that, a turbo VL, naturally aspirated VL, and naturally aspirated camira all use the same part number bosch fuel pump. wreckers will charge you 80 bucks for a camira pump, but 150 for a VL turbo pump, go figure

forced carb fuel setups would be a good thing to ask the blowthru yahoo group

Firstly, WE are not here to give you detailed instructions on how to supercharge your 4K. However i will list the main points just so you can get a little idea of whats involved....then you should go and research BLOW THROUGH SUPERCHARGER SETUPS!

1.Pull 4K apart. Rebuild with better pistons, rings. Anything stronger than orginal parts and you're doing good.(you'll have to do this if you want your engine to last more than a year)

2. Find a Diff and gearbox setup that will be strong enough to take around 100 - 200hp....(not that you'll have more than 200hp)

3. Aquire Supercharger. (a toyota one is usually a good start).

4. Aquire Blow through carby or EFI setup

5. Make up custom brackets to attach to engine

6. Fit it up.

Sound simple?......i don't think so.

now go and do some research......we aint gunna do it for you.