My 75 Ke30 Aka Craig

JordyKE

Hey Guys and Girls , my names Jordan I'm relatively new here although i've been following many posts for a while now and this will be my first :D. I've recently bought myself a 1975 KE30 from SA, which i admit was a huge mistake, and have paid for now. I guess its just a lesson learnt in time..

I got it trucked over here and whatnot and discovered it wasn't in as good a nick as i thought it would be (or the nick that the dude said it would be in), with buschings needing replacing, slight surface rust here and there ripped drivers seat (which is obviously fairly common) cracked dash and some other minor things which honestly i expected and i definitely rushing into it and overpaying. Mechanically (3K) the car is great so all is good in that department. I had Don Shaw from Blackburn help me out with the buschings and whatnot so a big thankyou to him!

Ive worked on it all day today with my Dad and my mate and we picked up a few goodies from the wreckers on Centre Road like a new Dash :D which i put in today and it came up overrated!

Here are some pics if you care to take a look :D i have plans here and there of what i want to do to the car.

It is now Roadworthied and ready for rego as i am turning 18 very shortly :D

The images i have are pretty big in size soo i wont have too many photos up on here unless neccesary

Practially the car after a days work. just cleaning up surface rust. Ill show some pics of work later.

post-10677-1269778337_thumb.jpg

Just a rear shot. don't mine the green P my mate was driving it. (18 on wednesday)

post-10677-1269778429_thumb.jpg

The dash it came with all cracked (before the new dash was inserted today :D )

post-10677-1269778525_thumb.jpg

My Dog seems to like featuring in my photos. amazing that

Edited by JordyKE

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here are some more progress pics...

New dash cleaned and inserted Super happy with outcome :D (sorry for blurry pic)

post-10677-1269778756_thumb.jpg

Some surface rust in engine bay never good

post-10677-1269778931_thumb.jpg

Also some rust in boot. We discovered the rubber plugs were siliconed in so no water couldnt get out GREAT, idiot thought it would be smart.

post-10677-1269779063_thumb.jpg

Look pretty nice mate, welcome along here (not sure its my place to welcome you but anyhow...). Nothing like a good cleanup....that dash is an awsome find i need one just like it, i don't like to look of the split dashes much.

Any plans for it?

Look pretty nice mate, welcome along here (not sure its my place to welcome you but anyhow...). Nothing like a good cleanup....that dash is an awsome find i need one just like it, i don't like to look of the split dashes much.

Any plans for it?

Hey skd30 cheers for the welcome :D

yeah stoked with the dash and how it came up, although i had a noob mistake at the wreckers i undid a bolt which took me about half an hour while on my back on passenger sit feet in the air, the bolt didnt even affect the dash hahaha biggest waste of time. Yeah the dash i had was terrible like 5 huge cracks in it, was going to silicone it up but lucky i came across a dash :D if i come across a dash ill let you know!

Well i really would like to respray it in a creamy colour like its in now as i like it. The bonnet is a different tone to the rest of the body, the previous owner did a dodgy spray job. I would love to put a bigger engine in it ie a 5K or 4-age but really have spent to much already but that is definitely a long term job. Lower it a little still deciding how to though. Little jobs here and there, i've already written a list that is constantly growing of things to do, but for now just keep it on the road as I'm very keen to start driving around.

Had a look at your 30 very nice!

Cheers Jordy

Good work Jordan mate!

I think I can see a swirl mark in the paint... (Just joking!)

Nice and clean so far, get Dave onto the key bangers so you can get yourself a decent exhuast!

hahaha woody, in the boot i know may have to fix that up eyyy.

Well i would but i bought a new exhaust for roadworthy as i was in a rush and eveyrthing lol...... may have to get another exhaust before we do that :D. my mate did a key bagner in his VH lol you should have seen it was wicked.

Welcome to the site dude. Great little cars these are. Awesome to work on and pulling apart dashes gets a whole lot easier once you know where the right screws are. Massive improvement with the new dash and with the boot. Keen to see more of the car :D

Welcome to the site dude. Great little cars these are. Awesome to work on and pulling apart dashes gets a whole lot easier once you know where the right screws are. Massive improvement with the new dash and with the boot. Keen to see more of the car :D

Cheers JiP loving the site.. yeahh loving me car too. Yeah well we struggled at the wreckers getting it out but putting it in my rolla was a breeze and it cleaned up really well!

Will keep the pictures flowing and let yas know what I'm doing next...

Cheers Jordan

Colour looks great! There is something about the cream 30s that looks so classy. My first car was a blue ke30, only lasted for 5 months before I got the 55 on the road. It's good that you've got a plan/list of what you want to do, with the 55 we just did one thing at time and never focused on the project (it sort of worked, but having a plan would've been better).

Car's are a huge money pit, and we all make financial mistakes in regards to them. Usually we learn, but we still make them because we love the cars so much :D I wasted heaps of money getting my sprinter roadworthy (which involved fixing heaps of oil leaks and I got a new clutch while I was at it) then about 3 weeks later I dropped it off at my mechanic in Melbourne and started getting a new engine.

Good to see another young driver getting into Corollas :S

Nice little 30 mate.

I know I have learnt some similar lessons from buying my car as an over-excited young bloke, but I spose that's the way we learn !

On the bright side at least it seems you don't have large amounts of rust in structural areas to deal with, nor kilos of bog and previous dodgy repairs.

When you get around to an engine, might I suggest you choose the 5k. A 4age will need engineering and will be very illegal on our crap new P plate laws. You will most likely be able to get away with a warm 5k and most cops won't know what they are looking at.

It sounds like we are in a very similar area, so once my car is on the road it would be great to go for a cruise.

Cheers,

Dougal

Water Boy Posted Mar 31 2010, 11:05 AM

Happy Birthday to Jordy who tuened 18 today...

Word is Vicroads gave him a licene too! Ahhhh shit 16-lol.gif

Haha Woody cheers bud!

haha i forced em mate nah absolutely demolished the test, not bragging or anything though ;)

Colour looks great! There is something about the cream 30s that looks so classy. My first car was a blue ke30, only lasted for 5 months before I got the 55 on the road. It's good that you've got a plan/list of what you want to do, with the 55 we just did one thing at time and never focused on the project (it sort of worked, but having a plan would've been better).

Car's are a huge money pit, and we all make financial mistakes in regards to them. Usually we learn, but we still make them because we love the cars so much :D I wasted heaps of money getting my sprinter roadworthy (which involved fixing heaps of oil leaks and I got a new clutch while I was at it) then about 3 weeks later I dropped it off at my mechanic in Melbourne and started getting a new engine.

Good to see another young driver getting into Corollas :D

Cheers Sloth yeah i like the creamy colour i couldn't see myself changing the colour if i did a respray it would definitely be a cream of some sort. Yeah I'm working on a plan and everything, next thing is getting a head unit and speakers in it (as I'm really not enjoying the silence and the buzzing of the AM radio haha, and I'm pretty sure my mates hat it also), i went to the wreckers the other day and picked up the drop down consoles that are in the 55's and am thinking of putting that in for a place to put a head unit... your thoughts?

Yeah made a bit of a mistake but i figure its behind me now so i'm not too fussed anymore just happy i'm driving around and everything now :S yeah i spent a bit getting mine roadworthied also. I like the sprinters :D .

Cheers mate!

Doogs Posted Today, 12:00 PM

Nice little 30 mate.

I know I have learnt some similar lessons from buying my car as an over-excited young bloke, but I spose that's the way we learn !

On the bright side at least it seems you don't have large amounts of rust in structural areas to deal with, nor kilos of bog and previous dodgy repairs.

When you get around to an engine, might I suggest you choose the 5k. A 4age will need engineering and will be very illegal on our crap new P plate laws. You will most likely be able to get away with a warm 5k and most cops won't know what they are looking at.

It sounds like we are in a very similar area, so once my car is on the road it would be great to go for a cruise.

Cheers,

Dougal

Hey Dougal cheers man!

Yeah there's a first time for everything and a small lesson learned i figure.

Yeah very minimal rust i mean i should clean it up better but that's a job for another time. Yeah i'm definitely considering a 5k i mean i'd love to get a 4-AGE in it but my dad really doesn't want me to spend too much money on this car (as i've already spent a fair whack) so i guess i could pick up a 5k for pretty cheap? And is it true i read somewhere that you can only upgrade one engine size, but you think i'd get away with a 5k from a 3k?

Yeah for sure dude sounds good whats plans for your car do you have a thread for it or anything?

Cheers Jordy

JiP Posted Today, 01:24 PM

Another good think about increasing to a 5K is its such an easy swap yet the results are pretty noticable.

hey JiP yeah i've heard that its a pretty easy swap so it a definite consideration if i can pick up one cheap, it feels like my 3k (4spd) needs another gear haha but it putts along sweet :P