My 75 Ke30 Aka Craig

JordyKE

Technically we are not allowed to upgrade at all.

"No performance modifications" which is what the capacity increase would fall under. If you can get the swap in under vicroads you will be fine though.(Request a change of engine number and Vicroads will inspect it and record the number).

It's pretty unlikely for you to be pulled over, the cop check the number and be like "Ohhh this is a mildly worked 5k, that's illegal".

In a mildly worked and not outrageous looking 70s Corolla, you should not really get any negative cop attention. I think the laws intend on deterring d**kheads in Commonwhores and Skylines, rather than penalising young blokes in old cars.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holey Moley dude, couldnt be any more perfect haha, i love these in cream, good lck with it man, ill be keeping my eye on this one.

Cheers, andrew :D

Hey Andrew cheers! the creams good :S

Doogs Posted Today, 05:56 PM

Technically we are not allowed to upgrade at all.

"No performance modifications" which is what the capacity increase would fall under. If you can get the swap in under vicroads you will be fine though.(Request a change of engine number and Vicroads will inspect it and record the number).

It's pretty unlikely for you to be pulled over, the cop check the number and be like "Ohhh this is a mildly worked 5k, that's illegal".

In a mildly worked and not outrageous looking 70s Corolla, you should not really get any negative cop attention. I think the laws intend on deterring d**kheads in Commonwhores and Skylines, rather than penalising young blokes in old cars.

Oh okkk so its not exactly legal although its very unlikely that a cop would pull us up and know exactly what they are looking at haha. I mean its a 4 cylinder they'll probably look at it and laugh and then ill chuckle and then be sad :D haha.

Yeah i might talk to vicroads thats a good idea :P.

This is gold!

d**kheads in Commonwhores

Cheers man

JiP Posted Today, 06:53 PM

The good thing is when they see the engine number being 5Kxxxxxxx instread of 3Kxxxxxxx. They think the 5 is yet another number and means nothing to do with the engine smile.gif

I'm very much liking this engine conversion idea!! Does the 5K have that pollution gear stuff on it?

Alrighty so now the deal is looking out for a good but reasonably affordable 5K. It just bolts in doesn't it..so no stuffing around there which is good. And fits straight onto my 4spd.... or would you suggest a 5spd?

Haha Woody the amount of Commodore P platers been pulled over by the cops this long weekend, doesn't actually surprise me, and i just putt along hahaha its awesome! although my cars only got a roady certificate valid till wednesday and my rego isnt til the 14th so need to get a new roady or change the dates or something haha. I left it too late to book the rego inspection and whatever..

Must go for a cruise soon woody...

Sounds like a plan JiP! cheers

Yesterday I was at Pick-A-Part Campbellfield and asked about buying a 5k.

The deal is you you remove it yourself from a Liteace/Townnace etc with the engine crane they provide, and it will cost you

$215 with all parts ie; manifolds, alternator, air con if applicable etc.

I was quite happy to hear this because elsewhere I have seen them for anywhere between $350 and $550.

I would go for a 5 speed if I were you to drop the freeway revs (without the need for a tall diff ratio) and then you can retain good pace off the line (assuming you have a short diff ratio).

Cheers,

Dougal

Yesterday I was at Pick-A-Part Campbellfield and asked about buying a 5k.

The deal is you you remove it yourself from a Liteace/Townnace etc with the engine crane they provide, and it will cost you

$215 with all parts ie; manifolds, alternator, air con if applicable etc.

I was quite happy to hear this because elsewhere I have seen them for anywhere between $350 and $550.

I would go for a 5 speed if I were you to drop the freeway revs (without the need for a tall diff ratio) and then you can retain good pace off the line (assuming you have a short diff ratio).

Cheers,

Dougal

Dam that's not too bad at all! i mean a bit of effort taking it out, but that seems pretty good. Should be a relatively easy pull out. May have to go down to my local wreckers and ask them about it :blush: .Yeah i haven't driven mine on the freeway yet, my dad has but I'm yet too, i could imagine it revving its tits off though no doubt. And I've got to check out my diff ratios also. Where abouts in the eastern suburbs are you?

Cheers Jordy

Jordy wouldnt Dave have a 5k kicking round?

Or the place of Molan street next to the hookers.

Haha dahmm this is sooo true.. I'll have to get on to him. I'm sure he'd have one, its just whether he wants to let it go or not haha. yeah or i could try there.. I'll give it a gander one day.

I've got a 7k in my 55 with a 2 inch exhaust and I've only been pulled over by the police 4 times (in 5 years)

• Once cause I didn't have plates on the car (before it was registered, we had just painted it and it looked overrated), we did have a permit though.
  • Once when someone else beside me in traffic almost hit a cop... long story
  • Another time driving with my neons on and a headlight about, although it was just a "random" breathtest (even though the cops put on their lights and sirens and went through a red light to catch me). They didn't pop the hood or anything.
  • Another time when I got a hoon fine (wasn't doing anything serious, just came round a corner a little quick and one of the wheels slipped). He commented on the car being "loud" but couldn't be bothered doing anything aside from giving me the fine.

And as you can see from my sig (and other pictures of the 55) it looks like a little hoon-mobile (with the Cobra style stripes). So in a plain cream 30 you should be fine :blush:

Edited by Sloth