Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Canberra Parts Thread

Featured Replies

Yeah cool bring it along next time. Um you wouldn't happen to have 2 long 4 link arms spare would you?

 

I've been keeping an eye out for tacho's too..

 

EDIT: I've realised that my engine is running on a water/petrol mix, so I think its only got a few days left.

Rather than spending hundreds on a new head, I was hoping you might be willing to sell your 4K Seabiscuit?

Quicker and easier and cheaper than replacing a head which I don't have, and you can have it back once/if I put the twincam in.

Plus I'll throw in that sunroof if you want...

Its a good deal, prease?

Edited by KENut

  • Replies 337
  • Views 155.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
Rather than spending hundreds on a new head, I was hoping you might be willing to sell your 4K Seabiscuit?

Hey KENut,

 

Yea, I'll sell it. I can't guarantee it will be too much good anymore, though. It's been under cover, but in the open air for quite a few

months now. I'm sure with (quite) a few turns of the key it will fire into life :)

$50 if I can take everything (manifolds, alternator etc. off it)

 

What are 4 link arms? Don't think I do if I'm guessing what I think they are.

Edited by seabiscuit

Hell yes! You are a Legend with a capital L!

Don't need anything cept engine itself. Would it be possible to dump the oil out?

Cos I'll probably be putting it in the boot of the rolla.

I'll bring tools and pull everything you want off, so you don't have to.

Um, I'd like to swap engines on sat, what days and times are you free? I can pick it up prolly midday tues, wed morn/late arv or sat if thats good for you?

 

And by 4 link arms I mean the bottom rear sussy arms.

  • Author
If you need a hand boys, I'm happy to help...

Wednesday early morning, my driveway? :)

I have all the required instruments to undertake the heart transplant!

 

You can meet my new Sky Blue Car too! :)

Edited by seabiscuit

I was going to do it on saturday so I have all day to do it.

Have a class which starts at 1 in Belco so would be stretching it to get it done.

Thanks for the offer though! :)

 

Am keen to see this new rolla as well :)

  • Author
Workin' ... damn it!

Shame, Sammo.. We're gonna have such a good time!

Thanks for the engine Vince!

 

In and running as of yesterday..

  • Author
Thanks for the engine Vince!

 

In and running as of yesterday..

Hah! Wow. Just goes to show how awesome and reliable K engines are :)

 

So glad it worked out for you, Bart. Had any dramas with it, though?

Yeah few small problems.

Snapped head bolt,

No thermostat,

Funny rattling noise (not the valve clearance),

Bit of a vibration to the engine as well,

 

think thats about it though, goes alright!

 

I'll pull the old engine apart and maybe rebuild it.

 

DSCF5722.jpg

 

Inside of rocker cover

Edited by KENut

  • Author
Yeah few small problems.

Snapped head bolt,

No thermostat,

Funny rattling noise (not the valve clearance),

Bit of a vibration to the engine as well,

 

think thats about it though, goes alright!

 

I'll pull the old engine apart and maybe rebuild it.

 

DSCF5722.jpg

 

Inside of rocker cover

Ah f@$k.. Forgot about the thermostat. I took it out of there to replace my 5k one which was buggered.

I think the rattling is detonating. Get it timed and it should fix that. I didn't know what it was till I had the

motor out and had the 5k in and I tried timing the 5k without a timing light after it was running like a bucket

of crap once and then it started doing that and my friend said that it was detonating... The sound could be

made out as "marbles in your motor". Was the snapped head bolt the one on my motor?! Was that the head

you took off of the one I sold you?

 

Vince

Yummy is correct.. Still ran quite well considering the coolant in number 3 :party:

 

Yep timing is all sorted, no its not detonating. Could be the big ends which are making it vibrate, does it especially when giving it a few revs.

Rattling is constant.

 

Snapped head bolt is in the one I got off you. Head is off my old engine.

 

Nothing terminal but, goes good nuff. Thanks again :D

  • Author

:D $50 is cheaper than a rebuild.. cheaper lol

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.