Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Our Old 1300 Rally Car

Featured Replies

Get onto club-k.co.nz and talk to blown5k. A while ago he was getting upright style side draft manifolds cast. I dare say he'd have a fair bit of into.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 50.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks guys for the help!!!

 

my dad said that his mate has the original trd book? which has all the part numbers for the parts that u could get including the upright kit i might give him a call and check on what is in the book and see if theres any help from that!

 

yeah i thought the inlet would be the hardest to do out of the lot, the gear shift could be modified eaisily I'm sure it can't be that hard can it??

 

see ya

 

jimi

You may need to do tunnel mods in a ke15/17 with an upright kit.

 

Just fitting a ke70 gearbox needs some tunnel massaging with a hammer. Fitting a box at an angle would need more work.

 

 

hey

 

yeah i was thinking that but I'm sure ill figure that out just got to get the car and start it then ill figure it out when i get to that part!

 

thanks for the advice guys

 

 

see ya

 

jimi

I thought the upright kits had a bellhousing to suit also?

I thought the upright kits had a bellhousing to suit also?

 

Yeah they do "TRD uprighted K-T's". But they're the rarest of all of the K-T's. Put it this way - we can't even get a pic of one for the FAQ!!!!

 

Pretty much everything else in the TRD kits would be exceptably easy and cheap to re-produce.

That's a bummer. I was starting to think of a upright turbo k motor :happy: lol.

 

 

Could always do a dodgy and drill the holes where the bellhousing mounts to the gearbox in the position you need them to be

That's a bummer. I was starting to think of a upright turbo k motor :happy: lol.

 

Why? The whole point of the upright conversion is for a straighter, smoother intake path for sidedraft carbies. ie. Less flow restriction and more room for filters.

 

Look at the following pic and you can see a couple of obvious flow restriction points.

post-166-1274923225.jpg

Edited by Felix

That was the main reason I was thinking of it. For some more clearance down there. And also the the plenum I

getting made up might possibly have short straight runners so would be alot easier being upright. I still think it looks weird though lol. So used to seeing them slanted to the max :happy:

 

did you just shorten the drivers side mount and lentghen the passenger side slightly Si? And the shifter still have much room to come through? Or did you bend it abit to have it up straight still?

Ok then. Well that's a much easier way to go about it :happy:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.