Rb20 Ke70

rb20 rolla

post-10770-1270714751_thumb.jpg hi catspew i have lost the sd card that i had with the photos of the build on if i find it i will post them maybe these will help a little bit for now. my weldings not the best looking but the engineer was more happy that i modified the standard tunnel rather then cut the hole thing out and weld a new one in as you can see from the photos they are just plates welded over the holes left from when i cut the two lines down the side of the tunnel. at the back you can see i had to cut into the u shape bit of metal and it is the same one that your seats bolt to. just remember that if you cut anything it must be renforced just as good as it was or better and always overlap your sheet metal that you use and weld it on both sides if you can. as for the shifter it sat in a good position the trick is to turn the shifter around 180 an it sits on a forward leen and a good position. i plan to have the car on a hoist soon and i will take some more photos of under the car around the box and tunnel hope this helps for now mate if you have any more just ask. Edited by rb20 rolla

Members dont see this ad

sorry mate the shifter came through where the auto one is right in the middle. when i do the coilover bit i will show you how my brakes where made and if anyone cares an rb 20/25/26/30 are all the same lenght just different bore and stroke combo's from what i can tell so i can't see why i can't do a rb30 with a 25 head later if i want. I WANT.......

Thanks for the info mate, I was expecting the manual shifter would sit a whole lot further back than that. I've attached a pic of where mine was midway through the build with a sr20 box/engine. Do you think an RB20/25 engine/box would be futher back or about the same?

I ended up turning my shifter around aswell and where it currently sits is no problem at all but any futher back and it will probably foul on the handbrake.

post-4412-1270720107_thumb.jpg

mate that is just about where mine sits maybe about 2 inches back more it is going to be the front of the engine where the problem will be engine to radiator clearance making a balancer so i had room for the radiator it was one of the hardest things to do in the build the radiator is a S13 silvia ca18 one straight of the shelf you can buy them on e bay for $275..

• 2 weeks later...