4ac To 4age

Endwell

Hey all just got my first rolla very excited :( As they are my favorite car just wondering i'm looking to Convert my 4AC to 4AGE, good or bad idea and was wondering on cost? And is it something you could learn on the way doing it yourself to save cost i'm looking to buy the whole engine iv looked on toymods but people only seem to sale pieces...

sorry if this post has been posted before.

Thanks

Members dont see this ad
Hey all just got my first rolla very excited :( As they are my favorite car just wondering i'm looking to Convert my 4AC to 4AGE, good or bad idea and was wondering on cost? And is it something you could learn on the way doing it yourself to save cost i'm looking to buy the whole engine iv looked on toymods but people only seem to sale pieces...

sorry if this post has been posted before.

Thanks

Best thing to do is to buy an AE82 twincam wreck and swap every thing over into your car, Price depends on what you do during the conversion, I am very experienced with AE82's and I did a single cam to twincam conversion in 33 hours, Where abouts are you located?

I'm getting my AE86 back tomorrow which has had the 4AC converted to a 20v 4AGE. Full drive in drive out job (including suspension, exhaust, extractors, aftermarket ECU, air con, new seats) which will end up being a lot of money... If you don't do it yourself any sort of conversion will be expensive.

Best thing to do is to buy an AE82 twincam wreck and swap every thing over into your car, Price depends on what you do during the conversion, I am very experienced with AE82's and I did a single cam to twincam conversion in 33 hours, Where abouts are you located?

Hey thanks for your reply i live on the gold coast, and yeah thats how i was thinking of doing it to buy a wrecked twincam and do a straight swap over

I'm getting my AE86 back tomorrow which has had the 4AC converted to a 20v 4AGE. Full drive in drive out job (including suspension, exhaust, extractors, aftermarket ECU, air con, new seats) which will end up being a lot of money... If you don't do it yourself any sort of conversion will be expensive.

Yeah true well what your doing sounds awesome wish i had to money to do that, but for now ill start with just the engine hopefully it isn't to hard to figure out.

Hey thanks for your reply i live on the gold coast, and yeah thats how i was thinking of doing it to buy a wrecked twincam and do a straight swap over

I will do it/help out for a fee.

PM sent of some details.

Edited by Trev

You may want to check out car auctions. I bought an AE82 for a half to a third of the price I would have paid on ebay.

Some list there stock online and if you set up an account, you can be notified when the car of your choice comes along. This way you'll have a loom to work with, ecu and engine. Cost to do the conversion? no one could tell you. Cheapest way would be to buy a car already done.

You may want to check out car auctions. I bought an AE82 for a half to a third of the price I would have paid on ebay.

Some list there stock online and if you set up an account, you can be notified when the car of your choice comes along. This way you'll have a loom to work with, ecu and engine. Cost to do the conversion? no one could tell you. Cheapest way would be to buy a car already done.

oh okie sounds like a good idea thanks got any idea of auction sites i can go on to i live on the gold coast some somthing around here lol?

An AE82 at an auction is getting pretty scarce these days due to the old car write off policy, Auctions only really look to sell cars no older then 95 altho city motor auctions does often have the oldies, Seen a vw bug there a 3 years or so ago.

www.pickles.com.au Check out Esalvage on this site. I'm pretty sure the site is Australia wide.

Didn't even know the website had e-salvage, Thought they only had the damaged vehicles, Been on there every 2nd day this week looking, Thanks.

I did the 4ac to 4age conversion just recently, I have very little mechanical knowledge but with a good mate (Barnes) to help with the tricky stuff and alot of info from rollaclub and Trev for all my wiring problems (thanks mate :)) it wasn't to bad :yes:

I did it the hard and expensive way and bought separate parts so all up i think it cost me about $1100 and countless trips to the wreckers :bash:

I'd have to say the worst bit of it all was changing the fuel/brake lines, everything else took time but was pretty easy, just unbolt and bolt in.

I did the 4ac to 4age conversion just recently, I have very little mechanical knowledge but with a good mate (Barnes) to help with the tricky stuff and alot of info from rollaclub and Trev for all my wiring problems (thanks mate :)) it wasn't to bad :yes:

I did it the hard and expensive way and bought separate parts so all up i think it cost me about $1100 and countless trips to the wreckers :bash:

I'd have to say the worst bit of it all was changing the fuel/brake lines, everything else took time but was pretty easy, just unbolt and bolt in.

Yeah thats what I'm trying to not do if i can.... and well thanks for the info mate :)