Budget Build Street Car Need Help

iwontarolla

Members dont see this ad

Ive felt ya pain buddy most of the people on here probly have. i was 15 when i became obssesed with rollas and all i did was got a job and saved my little heart out, now I'm 17 and i have an ae71 spirit (basically a ksev but newer shape and shitloads of other adavntages) and an ae92 seca sx which if you live in melb your more than welcome to come have a look at :bash: its for sale. And a bigport 4age overrated cond. So my advise is save up for a couple of years.. (Youve got three) and i promise you youll be set. don't listen to your mates when they say your cars shit and don't give in to the commos!! Your car will be fun as. Good luck!!

It's quite easy to tell an older car for the quality of purchasing it, unless the seller is tricky!

If it rattles lots and looks "tacky" on the inside, chances are it hasn't been well kept on the

outside either (however there is the odd 1 or 2 folk that maintain their car meticulously, but

fail to CLEAN it!) Drive it, you'll know a tight, clean car when you drive it. It's just a feeling :yes:

Places to look for a decent KE70: Low-end of town car dealers, suburbs in Grandma and

Grandpa's front yard, newspaper ads, online car sales websites etc.

Good luck. All of the questions you've asked have been answered. Keep a keen eye out as

bargains won't be very easy to come by with RWD Corolla's for much longer.

Next step, I suggest get off the "Google Images Search KE70" dream car and buy a flaming

KE70 :bash:

Ae71love saving is gettting pretty hard at the moment sadly all my money goes to te parents :bash: is there ay ways to pick up that extra coins? thansk guys for all the help hopefully a car will turn up soon and ill be able to start this post off how it should of been wiht a work to work on :yes: thanks guys

The comments about "project" and "budget" not going in the same sentance are very true. I've had a ke55 and now an AE86 and I've spent way more money than I ever thought I would on them (and I'm still going to spend more :bash:).

My tip would be to not worry about changing the engine etc until you need to, run around with a shitty 4k for as long as you can. At the end of the day they are still fun little cars. At the end of the day unless you are taking it onto the track you don't need lots and lots of power, especially when you have first gotten your licence.

Another sad fact is that almost everyones first car is in an accident or has some kind of problem, so be prepared for that. I had a truck drive into the side of my KE55 a month and a half after we had finished painting it, welding in new wheel arches etc.

The enigne swap would never be on the list untill it needed to be done or I got every thing fairly cheap I don't care if it as a stock motor just to clear that up for every one at this point I'm thinking I should probly just save a grand more and buy some thing a little half decent and have that as my base

The enigne swap would never be on the list untill it needed to be done or I got every thing fairly cheap I don't care if it as a stock motor just to clear that up for every one at this point I'm thinking I should probly just save a grand more and buy some thing a little half decent and have that as my base

That's it, so long as the body is relatively straight and is rust free that's the main thing. As has been said many times before, you can often get the stock K motors for free, and you'll be replacing a lot of the other components anyway in the mid to long term.

Iwontrolla- there is heep of ways mate you just have to think. saturday labor is the best! you should be able to get at least 80 a day providing you work hard. You have to ring up companies and ask if you could labor with them. the smartest thing to do would be to work saturdays with a panel beater youll be learning the second you get there! And youll get paid to. Also this is probly impossible but try not to hit up the partys with the boys you may find your that youll be drinking your money. Take it eaze

so long as the body is relatively straight and is rust free that's the main thing.

Yep!

..and you'll probably be best buying an auto, as they tend to be Granny cars while the manuals have had the arse thrashed off them by young hoons by now.

Its easy to change motors and gearboxes, but its much harder to get rid of the rust. Look for country cars well away from the sea! Rust is the main problem with KE70s, then maybe the motor condition.

theres plenty of ke70's sub $1000 for sale in adelaide area.

just gotta keep your eyes open on this forum and maybe join ae86drivingclub and lurk the sale forums

if you are on a budget and want more power than the 4k, why not just go 5k, webber, extractors, less restrictive exhaust and you'll be having a blast (in the wet) haha.

aT this point sadly I think I might have to just live with the commodore:( but if that happens I will be selling to get a rolla. What ways can you get rid of a car that needs a bit of work and still get money for it?

Depends what you mean by work. Usually a service on the engine, change the oil and so on, and clean it like there's no tomorrow. Polish and buff it to a mirror finish!

With a budget of $900 you should be able to get a cleanish stock KE70 if you look hard enough, then you can just drive it and mod it when you get the money. Or you could save some more money and get one that's already been modded.

The thing about KE70s (and most cars) is that you don't really get back the money you put into them, which makes it great to buy ones that have been done up nicely but not so good if you mod one and want to sell it on.

Just don't get an unfinished project or one with dodgy mods unless you want to spend (waste) time and money on it.

What I mean by work is it needs brakes pretty much redone engine needs a rebuild it need a new exgaust and tires and the paint needs to be resprayed and then if I'm going to do that I might as well get the dents out and then there's all little things like I need new head lights and tail lights not worth it is it? I'm thinking about sending it to the scrap yard get 200 bucks for it and wait for a year or some thing when I have like 1500 hut then I'll have my P's so I'm stuck in a hole