Voodoo Ta22

MattyZ

Hey all, so ive been on this forum a while now and thought id put up a post about my projects

i bought it for $550 came with 13t (1800cc), extractors, 13x7 or 8 jelly bean mags on the back and 13x6 on the front not to sure bout the rears

and manual

• Plans for Voodoo TA22
  • AE86 Front Suspension
  • Hilux Diff
  • 1UZFE or SR20DET
  • 14 or 15 x 8.5 or 9s rims on the rear either SSRs or Welds
  • Half Cage
  • Voodoo Blue Paint hence the name of it
  • Bucket Seats
  • Nardi wheel
  • Drift Gauges
  • Smoothed Engine bay
  • Hiding Wiring
  • Relocate battery
  • Seam weld/tack body

2008_0323Celica0006.jpg

2008_0323Celica0009.jpg

2008_0323Celica0005.jpg

2008_0323Celica0012.jpg

P261208_193901.jpg

P261208_193901.jpg

DSCF3079.jpg

NoSpring2.jpg

DSCF3067.jpg

4.jpg

heres some photos of the replacement box where the wheel well used to be have another idea for spare wheels

8.jpg

6.jpg

Boot5.jpg

Boot8.jpg

Boot2.jpg

just sat a wheel in the guard to see how i want it to look etc

Back2.jpg

Back6.jpg

Back4.jpg

and my colour

SDC10170.jpg

feel free to comment hehe

Edited by MattyZ

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your plans for the silly car sound good mate, but for the rolla i personally would stay away from the t motors i've had about 3 t series engines in my old ta22 and i destroyed 2 2tg's and a 3t but maybe it had to do with engines already on there way out, if your heart is set on a t series engine into the ke i'd advise finding out some info on the 3tg hybrids man they go alot harder than said 2tg's or 3t's, but good luck on the builds will be interesting to see how it comes along man

Your plans for the silly car sound good mate, but for the rolla i personally would stay away from the t motors i've had about 3 t series engines in my old ta22 and i destroyed 2 2tg's and a 3t but maybe it had to do with engines already on there way out, if your heart is set on a t series engine into the ke i'd advise finding out some info on the 3tg hybrids man they go alot harder than said 2tg's or 3t's, but good luck on the builds will be interesting to see how it comes along man

yeah i was only gonna put the 13t into the rolla since id have it lying around so its a bit better than the auto 4k but if i can find another cheap upgrade for the ke70 ill do that was thinging 4age but everyones done it so id like to be different as ya can tell by the celica plans haha

Wow hard to believe I live 5 min away and talk to you, yet have never seen how much actual progress your TA22 has done! Plus that KE70 looks clean, keep it up Matty!

should come up some time and have a look.

The KE70 tooks crisp as. Full G-Spec... love it.

The TA22 looks likes a great base for a projest and the progress is cookin.

Gotta love those rims too, they make it look mean!

;)

yeah the ke70 is really good condition interior i was finding plastic from the factory all over it but then my dad put our husky in the front seat and ripped it up not happy jan

but the TA is slowly getting there rust repair is always fun espcially when its in bitch of a place to fix but its all worth the experience

i love the jelly beans too id love to get them maybe in 14s and inch or 2 wider they go really well with the muscular shape of the body

and overall cheers for all the support and advice

• 2 weeks later...

just a little update on voodoo ta22

started to seal of boot, from cabin, just to cover my ass for regency, if i put a surge tank and fuel pumps in the boot, even tho the tank is behind the seat, just to save hassle later on, even if i didnt need to.

started seam welding my inside the car strengthen that baby up

does anyone know if i need to get a andra or cams approved half cage if its just for street use or can i get a general engineer/welder to make me something up?

i also started to cut rust out the passenger foot well.

about to start fabing up a new parcel shelf. and then need to clean up underneath so i can seam weld that and give it a lick of por 15

and does anybody know what hilux diff i need to put in it like what numbers or series etc i should be looking for?

ill add pictures when my phone and comp stop being gay as aids

as for the rolla or pineapple still running like a dream, can't wait to get the ta22 in paint so i can start doing some rust repairs on the pineapple

awsome work man, if i am ever up at the Barossa I would be keen to check it out. You Know anywhere i could pic up a decent ta22???

EDIT: where is the fuel tank in this thing????

Alec.

cheers for the encouragement, yeah for sure sort something come have a looksie

not sure ill keep an eye out tho coz i found 2 but i asked the dude and he didnt want to sell grr, but if i find anything ill let ya know

and the fuel tank is behind the back seat

• 1 month later...

took a photo of the rolla interior too, the passenger seat had no rips but because my smart :happy: dad put our husky on the seat its been ripped to f@$k not happy jan

DSCF4331.jpg

as in the previous post ive started removing all the sound deadner and and started seam welding the body.

ive taken a wire wheel to the interior works a treat if ya don't need to worry bout paint maybe a lil ruff but it will have por15 over it and then dyna mat, and it removes any surface rust and some pretty bad rust too.

ive had to repair 2 rust holes in the floor pan on the passenger side, lucky my parts celica these spots weren't destroyed so i just used those meaning less time fiddling with shaping

few more photos, below want it on the road asap lol or at least nearly ready for paint by my 19th :yes:

Photo014.jpg

rolla keepin an eye on things make sure its brothers gettin looked after

Photo022.jpg

bit of buffing and the doner will be right as rain

Photo019.jpg

bitta seam welding

Photo015.jpg

before i started

Photo007.jpg

inner left front wheel arch, left side where the chassis rail was

Photo039.jpg

messy inner

Photo038.jpg

rust replacement patch almost factory lol

Photo035.jpg

bit yucky to the eyes

Photo027.jpg

bit more seam welding

will get a few more pics up soon

enjoy

oh and just throwin up some ideas for people

should i keep the ksev nana spec on the out side, but have it a sleeper, 4agte, or 13t-te, coilys etc make it a killer hills run car.

or go jdm

or in between nana spec with bit of jdm flavour

open to annny suggestions no matter what unless their homosexually flavoured

oh and just throwin up some ideas for people

should i keep the ksev nana spec on the out side, but have it a sleeper, 4agte, or 13t-te, coilys etc make it a killer hills run car.

or go jdm

or in between nana spec with bit of jdm flavour

open to annny suggestions no matter what unless their homosexually flavoured

Hey Matt,

Loving both cars, that auto ke70 needs a shot of horse power. How about a hot 5k with a manual conversion, you seem to be capable of rebuilding a motor or tickling one up and this would be considerably easier to undertake as the 5k will simply bolt into the bay with no issues. Then all you have to do is the manual conversion, in this case I don't believe you would need an engineers certificate beacuse the capacity is under 1.6 litres. But Ill stand to be corrected.

From what you have said, the car appears to be very original. IF I was to have this car I would leave 110% stock on the outside and inside but make sure whats under the bonnet would get up and go hard while still looking standardish, which goes back to me earlier suggesting a 5k engine as visually theyre identical. Everyone nowdays wants the JDM or nanna look, but leaving yours the way it is would be enough to make it stand out as it looks spotless, and its a fresh looking yellow - attention grabber.

But thats my two cents, keep up the good work Matt. :blinks:

Hey Matt,

Loving both cars, that auto ke70 needs a shot of horse power. How about a hot 5k with a manual conversion, you seem to be capable of rebuilding a motor or tickling one up and this would be considerably easier to undertake as the 5k will simply bolt into the bay with no issues. Then all you have to do is the manual conversion, in this case I don't believe you would need an engineers certificate beacuse the capacity is under 1.6 litres. But Ill stand to be corrected.

From what you have said, the car appears to be very original. IF I was to have this car I would leave 110% stock on the outside and inside but make sure whats under the bonnet would get up and go hard while still looking standardish, which goes back to me earlier suggesting a 5k engine as visually theyre identical. Everyone nowdays wants the JDM or nanna look, but leaving yours the way it is would be enough to make it stand out as it looks spotless, and its a fresh looking yellow - attention grabber.

But thats my two cents, keep up the good work Matt. :blinks:

cheers for that much appreciated

yeah thats what i was thinking too, maybe a nice warm 5k coz they can get up and go and i don't really want it to become my main worked car thats what the celicas for.

the only exterior things i will prob end up doing will just get some wider 14" stockies just subtle things for when i do give it a bit more go its useable

did bit more work on voodoo ta22 interior took a wire wheel on a drill bit to the interior came up a treat works killer, once don't that can finish of welding the seams then get to start drivers side once done all that give her a lick of por 15 rust protecter and coat of black paint (maybe) then wack on some dyna mat sound deadner and interior mostly done then finish off the boot with same deal.

then just finish sanding all door jams, fix some more rust and then ill give underneath the wire brush treatment but with a grinder, give it some por 15 rust kill/protectant and then a black sealer.

Photo008.jpg

mmmm shiny

Photo009.jpg

more updates tomorrow probably.

• 3 weeks later...

Little bit of an update sorry no pictures, will try take some tomorrow, ive used a wire brush on the left side of the interior to take it back to bare metal, so i can por 15 rust protect it then wack on some dynamat.

also been doin some thinking with engine, thinking a nice warmed over 3SGE, quads, pistons, cams, etc give it a bit of boot.

will keep ya all updated.

and on another not KE70 is off the road for a bit demisters are up the duff so gettin those fixed

Made a list of things to do so i can get the celica sitting on its wheels

Finish drop box, (welding, Grinding)

Grind Welds flush on drop box

Wire Brush Underneath, front to rear

Weld any holes

Grind any welds

Por15 underneath rust protector and sound deadener.

Wire brush inner guards

Replace Inner L wheel arch

Weld up

Grind

Weld up holes inner guards

Grind up holes inner guards

Replace front quarter panel bolts bottom

Por15 rust protector and sound deadener inner guards

Wire brush inner front quarter panels

Por15 rust protector and sound deadener inner guards

Order 8kg front springs and rear springs

Order suitable shocks for front and rear

Grind and Por15 diff

Order front swaybar

Order front swaybar bushes (if not in swaybar kit)

Order all new front end bushes (pedders or

Order rear Panhard rod

Order rear bushes

Install all new bushes, shocks, springs, and diff

Replace brake rotors, and pads front and rear.

Install Rack and all steering components to body

Put 14” stockies on painted black, chrome rings and centre caps

Grind, sand interior

Seam weld

Cut out and replace rust sections

Por15 rust protect interior

Dynamat interior

Reinstall handbrake.

Connect up handbrake