Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually they are hardtops :D

no they're not. a coupe is a 2 door car with a fixed roof. a coupe is differentiated from a sedan in that a sedan has full height side glass to the top of the rear windscreen, a coupe's roofline and side glass taper down before the rear windscreen. look at a ke10 next to a ke15, or a ke20 next to a ke25 to see this in real life. notice 2 door ke30s are sedans.

the term hardtop originated from convertibles with a removable fixed roof, however the term also incorporates fixed roof cars with no window frames, which apparently makes them look like a convertible. whilst you can have a hardtop with a b pillar, most body styles in this category are pillarless hardtops (eg: impala, xp falcon). the point that differentiates a pillarless hardtop from a coupe is the lack of window surrounds on the doors of any hardtop

hence, the only hardtop in the corolla series is the ke35/55 pillarless shape. ke15s and 25s have windowframes on the door, and the aforementioned sloping roofline, so they are coupes

:jamie:

• 2 weeks later...

many the updates, well kind of.

front bumper is now onskies and came up nicely with a bit of autosol.

CIMG1454.jpg

ditto for the rear, although the bracket and rubber ends needed to be changed to fit my car, as i used the bumper rolla_boy sent me, which was off of a ke55 i believe.

CIMG1455.jpg

also fitted the chrome handles which rolla_boy also gave me, just gives it a nice touch i think, just waiting on teddy so i can put some door trims on. does anyone know if door trims are nessesary for a road worthy?

CIMG1456.jpg

the rest of the interior, just a few things here and there id like to do, such as the blue led;s behind the gauges like xany's car, which will match the blue led on the gain control. also a few gauges in the space below the air con controls. ooo by the way, the toyota sign lights up when you turn the head lights/parkers on :D

CIMG1457.jpg

Edited by Ke50

no they're not. a coupe is a 2 door car with a fixed roof. a coupe is differentiated from a sedan in that a sedan has full height side glass to the top of the rear windscreen, a coupe's roofline and side glass taper down before the rear windscreen. look at a ke10 next to a ke15, or a ke20 next to a ke25 to see this in real life. notice 2 door ke30s are sedans.

the term hardtop originated from convertibles with a removable fixed roof, however the term also incorporates fixed roof cars with no window frames, which apparently makes them look like a convertible. whilst you can have a hardtop with a b pillar, most body styles in this category are pillarless hardtops (eg: impala, xp falcon). the point that differentiates a pillarless hardtop from a coupe is the lack of window surrounds on the doors of any hardtop

hence, the only hardtop in the corolla series is the ke35/55 pillarless shape. ke15s and 25s have windowframes on the door, and the aforementioned sloping roofline, so they are coupes

:D

I am sorta confused...I was refering to my car being a hard top...since it has no door frames...and says Hard top on the compliance plate...I guess it is one....I know there is KE30 2 door sedans, like Kangaroosa's one. I wasn't trying to be a smart ass by the way...I was just teasing you.

And Tom I know here in Canberra you have to have door trims on for rego inspections. They don't like the occupants being exposed to all the sharp "inner door" bits :(