3y Engine Into Ke70?

midnightslide

hey guys,

I'm new on here and i have just purchased my first ke70....

i may have some weird questions so i apologize in advance....

My first question is about a 3Y engine into a ke70....

has anyone attempted it? .... looking for a 3Y now and would love to be able to speak with someone who has done it.

Also can anyone inform me if their selling a manual gearbox or one that suits a 3Y or where i can get a belhousing that will fit the standard manual with the 3Y engine...

Any other general upgrades i can do besides s13 tie rod ends, coilovers, s13 control arms etc.......

sorry if i have caused a headache for anyone.. i know theyre probably obvious questions.

thanks guys... any helpful input will be valued.

cheers tay!

Members dont see this ad

hey guys, sorry bout the late reply.... been a busy week.... welll i was going for a bit more power along with currently in rebuild roller....

got a few question as i have just bought this project...

myself and a few buddies have been thinking about instead of the heavily modified 4k being a 1.3 we would put the 3y in as its the 2l hilux motor and with a cam and headwork/ a few other things my engine builder recommended the 2l would be better off.. (in the long run) and i was also just trying to be different as everyone goes 4 age or sr or rb.... i wanted the 3y... but guys have all thought of everything... haha umm yehh also for obvious reasons the 3y was chosen .. :P lol

anyone have any info on diffs aswell.. looking too do alot of work to this but would love to hear more from u guys.. constructive input is always welcome.... cheers..

still looking for a 3Y

You mean you don't have one already? The _only_ reason (and it's not a good one either) why this conversion would make any sense was if you had a donor engine lying around that you could put in for essentially nothing (and that is a pretty bad reason for doing a conversion).

For the time, effort and money that you are going to sink into this, there are a handful of other engines that are much more suitable and will give you much better returns.

Being different has its compromises (example 3Y).

1 - Power

2 - Torque

3 - Unknown cost

4 - Awesomeness

5 - Weight

6 - No knowledge/research available for conversion

7 - Your member will stay dry

Being normal has its benefits. (example 4age)

1 - Power

2 - Don't need torque with 8,000RPM power

3 - Very easily estimated cost (and will probably cost less than a 3Y conversion)

4 - You are the king of awesome

5 - Light enough to handle

6 - Wealth of knowledge on internet

7 - :)