Urgent Where To Get Windscreen For Ke10/11

Members dont see this ad

Gday mate, this isnt goinig to help but i just got a windscreen for my 10

two weeks ago and was told it was the last one in victoria, and that

was going through four different suppliers and three manufacturers.

hope you find one, good luck

Cheers Justin

Hey parrot, I was told at one stage, that the ke15 windscreens are the same as the ke10 ones, just laid back more.

I'm not sure if that is correct or not as I haven't physically attempted to fit a ke10 windscreen into a ke15 myself. Guess it would be worth doing some measuring.

Edited by Felix

Frog, call Danny at onsite windscreens and tell him Jarrad at Sunshine trimming put you onto him.

I spoke to him about mine a short while ago and he told me he can get one no problems, he works on rods and custom all day and does all our work, his number is 0438 326 692.

Hopefully he will be able to help a bit sooner that 5 weeks!

Jarrad

Hey parrot, I was told at one stage, that the ke15 windscreens are the same as the ke10 ones, just laid back more.

I'm not sure if that is correct or not as I haven't physically attempted to fit a ke10 windscreen into a ke15 myself. Guess it would be worth doing some measuring.

Went through the part catalog tonight. Unfortunately they are definitely different on basis of part numbers. There are different categories of screens: tempered, tempered tinted, zone tempered tinted, laminated, laminated tinted. And a couple of differences in thickness. Comparing like with like between KE10/11/16/18 vs KE15/17, the part numbers are different. To further confirm it, the seals are different part numbers between the two groups also..

Of interest with the discussion regarding quality of aftermarket seals, there are different part numbers for seals dependent on glass thickness.

Would be very interesting to know what the actual dimensional differences are.