May 3, 201016 yr comment_434365 HEY my car is ready to drive but i need to get a front windscreen for it. all the usual places have a listing but no one has one. any one no who may definitly have one. THANKS Report
May 3, 201016 yr comment_434426 Gday mate, this isnt goinig to help but i just got a windscreen for my 10 two weeks ago and was told it was the last one in victoria, and that was going through four different suppliers and three manufacturers. hope you find one, good luck Cheers Justin Report
May 3, 201016 yr comment_434508 there is one being wrecked in car parts/wrecking part of the forum. looks ok good luck! Report
May 4, 201016 yr Author comment_434749 owell... thanks any ways guys, i guess il just have to wait the 5 weeks Report
May 4, 201016 yr comment_434811 Why the 5 week wait? Does this mean they are producing a batch? Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_435259 Interesting...... I wonder how hard it would be to get some KE15 screens made? Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_435261 Hey parrot, I was told at one stage, that the ke15 windscreens are the same as the ke10 ones, just laid back more. I'm not sure if that is correct or not as I haven't physically attempted to fit a ke10 windscreen into a ke15 myself. Guess it would be worth doing some measuring. Edited May 6, 201016 yr by Felix Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_435263 When I get home ill look in my parts book for the part number for the front windscreens see if that is correct Felix. Cameron Report
May 6, 201016 yr comment_435275 Frog, call Danny at onsite windscreens and tell him Jarrad at Sunshine trimming put you onto him. I spoke to him about mine a short while ago and he told me he can get one no problems, he works on rods and custom all day and does all our work, his number is 0438 326 692. Hopefully he will be able to help a bit sooner that 5 weeks! Jarrad Report
May 7, 201016 yr comment_435648 Hey parrot, I was told at one stage, that the ke15 windscreens are the same as the ke10 ones, just laid back more. I'm not sure if that is correct or not as I haven't physically attempted to fit a ke10 windscreen into a ke15 myself. Guess it would be worth doing some measuring. Went through the part catalog tonight. Unfortunately they are definitely different on basis of part numbers. There are different categories of screens: tempered, tempered tinted, zone tempered tinted, laminated, laminated tinted. And a couple of differences in thickness. Comparing like with like between KE10/11/16/18 vs KE15/17, the part numbers are different. To further confirm it, the seals are different part numbers between the two groups also.. Of interest with the discussion regarding quality of aftermarket seals, there are different part numbers for seals dependent on glass thickness. Would be very interesting to know what the actual dimensional differences are. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now