Ae71 Blowing Fuses

Cream Dream

Members dont see this ad
+1 for NOT putting a stronger fuse in it!

take the fuse out and check resistance between in the fuse holder.

check short circuit to positive & ground

yea wouldn't put a stronger fuse in could potentially make a bigger problem :l

their should just be 12v running through the gages right?

yep around 12V, but the problem is excessive current draw/short circuit

if you replace the fuse, when does it blow? when you turn the lights on? etc etc or blows straight away when you turn ignition on?

yep around 12V, but the problem is excessive current draw/short circuit

if you replace the fuse, when does it blow? when you turn the lights on? etc etc or blows straight away when you turn ignition on?

I'm not 100% shure i just put a new one in and went for a drive it was working then randomly i noticed that the gages stopped working again, i might have to go get sum more fuses and go through the instruments

indicators, lights brake lights and see if one of them is short circuiting some where and blowing the fuse i will report back 2moz arvo with and have a bit of a play around with it cheers for the info guys :bash:

hey guys went and bought sum more fuses today before i went to work, i banged one in and its been fine all day hasnt bolwn yet i hav tried putting lights on ect every thing i did yesterday and no problem at all lol so all good for now. might have had some thing to do with the long drive doen the freeway i did yesterday mabey my alternator works to well and was running to many amps through the cluster??????