• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fiat 500

MK1 Cortina 2 door

And the many vw beetles I see there please :blush:

The car I would really love 99% of the people would not know, As a hint - It was made in Brisbane and there is one at the QLD museum.

No one likes to guess :jamie:

It is the Lloyd Hartnett.

http://www.slq.qld.gov.au/info/car/garage/features/hartnett

Nah there is none there, Just an old rare car I'd like that has similarities to the publica.

Yeah they are crazy cool......love small manufacturers that are part of Australian automotive history, much like the Adelaide built Lightburn Zeta, what I would do for one of those. My late Nanna bought one new! 3 forward gears and 3 reverse gears!!

Looks like someone else is going to have to save it..... The missus says two cars is enough as well as working on the father in laws Truimph....

Pffft what would she know?? :hmm: Mybe if it is still there in a few years time... :yes:

Just buy it, once it's bought and home it's too late.

I have done this trick many times - yes you go without special cuddles but the car is worth it!! She will get over it and you still have the car. Winner winner chicken dinner :yes:

l

Toyota 700!, not as rare as you might think there's actually quite a few lying around. Al Palmer used to race one in the 70's powered by a hot 3K. He used to blow away Cooper S's.

hi yeah a lot of stuff at dudley's was good 25 yrs ago when i went out there 1st time he used to buy the cars from all the dealers around the area for as low as $5.00 up to $500 i have receipts to prove that i got from my old work when they chucked them out

the torana in the first photo scz289 i build the motor in that about 12 yrs ago

and my cousin bought that 2 dr cortina last year

headly is his brother not his son ,sad thing is dudley has no kids and is not getting any younger, who know the fate of his iconic yard

the opel i can remember the owner driving it around and wondered where it had been

i got a ke20 for parts about 10 yrs ago from him

So this isn't actually a wrecking yard but someones personal back yard?

Don't really think it is a good idea to post pics up of rare cars he has on a public forum as it is advertising what he has, Sure anyone could just walk into the yard or drive past and see what he has but I don't think it is right, My dad keeps his holding yard pretty discreet and it still gets theft but if I put pics up and someone seen what they wanted I am sure they wouldn't stop at a no trespassing sign.

So this isn't actually a wrecking yard but someones personal back yard?

Don't really think it is a good idea to post pics up of rare cars he has on a public forum as it is advertising what he has, Sure anyone could just walk into the yard or drive past and see what he has but I don't think it is right, My dad keeps his holding yard pretty discreet and it still gets theft but if I put pics up and someone seen what they wanted I am sure they wouldn't stop at a no trespassing sign.

yeah people theft from here but it a case of this yard is guarded 5 nights a week with a shot gun but which nights

and i wouldnt want to be shot at you have been warned !!!!

and i heard someone bragging about theft from there but dudley other brother heard it and past it on

next time he came out dudley made him pay for the parts and kicked him out and told never to come back either

yeah people theft from here but it a case of this yard is guarded 5 nights a week with a shot gun but which nights

and i wouldnt want to be shot at you have been warned !!!!

and i heard someone bragging about theft from there but dudley other brother heard it and past it on

next time he came out dudley made him pay for the parts and kicked him out and told never to come back either

The yard is open on Saturday mornings for people to buy parts off the cars there or to buy whole cars, but not the ones that Dudley doesn't want you to.

So it is a public wrecking yard for 5 hours a week or by special appointment.

If anyone theives.....look out, there is no negotiation.

ahhh dudleys yard been going there for bout 7-8years now, and i still see new cars everytime lol, just hiding away lol, and yeah you can just chat to him for ages, n ages and never wana leave haha, and ive always got everything at a very humble price but i know him fairly well, almost got a job there lol.

he loves car stories and talking about cars and how he got them and remembers all about them

yeah alway ask before removing any parts as he might want to do that one up

have u seen the 48-215 holden in the calapsed shed that was a very good car and wouldnt sell it and now it not any good to anybody