Where Abouts Would One Get A Spacer Made Up

Hey guys i have a k-50 "short shifter" ie- lengthened throw sitting in my garage. Just wondering what sort of places would be able to fabricate a spacer plate for it, if i were to provide them with both shifters so they could measure the difference of course. Would a standars metal fabrication place do it?? or would a mechanics be able to figure something out?

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Members dont see this ad
How much does it need to be spaced up? The spacer for the short-shifter in my AE102 is simply a couple of washers.

Ian I was going to suggest the same thing till I realized it was a K50, If it was spaced with washers the gearbox would no longer be sealed from incoming debris and oil leaking.

:yes: That might sound a bit dodgey but its actually not such a bad idea. The chopping board (like a eurethane one) will have near the strength of steel, but it would be a hell of a lot easier to drill/cut into shape.

As somebody said above you need to work out the difference in throw length between the short shift and stock ones. This will tell you how thick the spacer needs to be. Because of the way the shifters held in (circlip) the only place you can space it up is in the shifter housing, where you can see the cigarette packet sized opening below with 4x bolts. (thanks Evan for the pic :hmm: )....

post-8435-1273135497_thumb.jpg