Jesse'S 71'

Jesseb369

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • 5 weeks later...

So i got the tax back, Awesome stuff!

It is in the bank chilling, It is Rego money.

I keep getting told it is gonna get registered this week, or this week or this week. Seems to be an escalading effect and its pissing me off. It is ready for final roady and rego. I am just waiting on some trade plates that are always getting "Borrowed by a mate".

But enough of that, Ive been cleaning it up abit latley. Fixed the rust, prepped and painted it, I have been scrubbing the engine bay today. I used degreaser and a pressure washer but it didnt do anything so i did some of it manually. looks good as. Cleaned out the door jams and scrubbed the door cards and scruff panels on the floor and washed all the windows excluding the back. So keen for rego right now!

some more pictures i just took then from my phone. Sorry about the awkward postions and sideways shots. I don't know how to change them.

Fixed this bit up good. nice and flat and straight.

post-8197-1282866472_thumb.jpg

This part was really tricky to get, But it doesn't look to bad.

post-8197-1282866483_thumb.jpg

steel is all sealed up with sikaflex, still needs more and then paint.

post-8197-1282866492_thumb.jpg

scrubbed all the dirt and grime off of the door cards, except carpet. Also the sills are really clean.

post-8197-1282866509_thumb.jpg

pimping stereo still waiting to go in. Need to get a light thingy to wire it up :blinks:

post-8197-1282866526_thumb.jpg

all nice, neat and clean. I need to wet vac all the carpet and seats still.

post-8197-1282866538_thumb.jpg

Bit of rust fixture, was only sureface rust soI used filler primer and sealed it off with the top coats, same colour as car. also good pic to see how faded the rest is.

post-8197-1282866549_thumb.jpg

Semi clean engine pay, lots of scrubbing etc. Also sanded the battery tray and gave it one coat so far, Did that yesterday.

post-8197-1282866561_thumb.jpg

My mate thought it would be good fun to gurni my decal's. Boy that pissed me off.

post-8197-1282866575_thumb.jpg

This is what it should look like. And a clean boot aswel :jamie:

post-8197-1282866598_thumb.jpg

rust, bogged up. on both sides. not hard to fix at all :bash:

post-8197-1282866612_thumb.jpg

Took all that crap adhesive out and sikaflexed it up! sounds better than a new car's boot when its closing.

post-8197-1282866629_thumb.jpg

From inside the boot looking down into the trough, you can see lots of paint, sikaflex, fish oil, primer etc etc.

post-8197-1282866648_thumb.jpg

Just a side shot. Looking sweet! I wish someone would do a photo chop for me and make it low :laff:

post-8197-1282866661_thumb.jpg

Just above the rear window, Again. Surface rust. primer and top coats 1500 grit light sand and wahhh la.

post-8197-1282866674_thumb.jpg

left rear door seal was leaking, swapped over to a different seal, still leaking. Doors abit bent, put some adhesive foam strip on there! wah la, no leaky leaky!

post-8197-1282866688_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jesseb369

Thanks man :jamie:

Yeah I prepped it really well above the windscreen. I am going to do that to the rest of the spots I just sprayed over when I first got it to seal out oxygen from the rust. Filler primer is good stuff if you are not good with prepping, it lays on thick so you can get a good sand onto it. I am currently doing the rest of the bonnet as well. The middle is what it looked like when i first got her, She is coming along slowly. I love doing stuff to my car. Fumes out all the shit from a bad and boring day and satisfies you as well. The only thing keeping me back is money.

I have lots of plans for this. First will be springs then shocks then lots of bracing for a nice tight ride as well as Nolathane bushings or something to make it even tighter. and eventually swap out all the Ae71 stuff for ae86 parts, I have ADM ae86 struts and corona LCA's etc. I want to track down a GTS diff as well and get the rack rebuild with quaife components. I like the 4ac, its good fun at the moment and it hasn't showed signs of dying yet, needs some new spark plugs and tappet clearances to be done.

For now I am just cleaning it up and fixing the rust etc so it is respectable. I do not mind about the paint, I am like Ben ( the overrated ke70 ) as i like things tradtional but nice with a modern and cool look+touch. so I like the fact it still has shitty factory paint and stuff, it adds a sense of history to it or something, Eh I don't know :blinks: .

But yeah, slowly slowly. Engine conversion is a fair way off yet, just want something low and cool that handles and responds awesome for range runs etc.

enjoy