Jesse'S 71'

Jesseb369

Ohh True, I have a feeling my box's oil hasn't been changed since factory ;)

So it will be interesting to see what comes out. Is there anyway or anything to put into the gear box that will circulate and clean out the crud... Like abit of diesel or an aftermarket solution. OR do you just put new oil in it and drive for a month then drop the oil again and refill?

Also I bought some UV joints for my tail shaft. Should I fit them before I fill up the box because, Will oil piss out the back if I take out the shaft?

Otherwise that would be a waste of oil if that does happen :wink:

please shed some light. Danke schon!

I just put my new oil straight in and I'm going to change it agin in a week or 2 to give it a flush out there should be something on the market to flush it out with though. I am pretty shure you should be okay putting your new UV joint in even when your gear box is full as log as its not over filled, but for pice of mind may as well do it before u change the gear box oil, or if your worried bout it leaking out u can always just whack a drain tray underneath it :D

I also filled my gearbox from where the shifter sits as it is a lot easier than trying to get it through the fill plug.

Members dont see this ad
True true. I was actually gonna fill up the gear box from the shifter. I might yet. Before i put all the trim and stuff back on. Seems a hell of alot easier. and i don't want to spend 50 dollars on a pump for 2 dollars worth of oil.

Very true man i couldnt justify buying a pump so in the top she goes haha. :D

yeah man. Same colour as your. I love it aye :D

Except its heaps faded. I'm just gonna do the bonnet, Roof and Boot lid. That's all that's really faded and the little dodgey bits and the guards :)

Nice car dude By the way ;) Ive seen all your cars vids on Youtube and shit :wink: Love it!

Clear on Base is good and very easy to do. off the gun good finish. jst suss out both of my project threads.

basecoat is like an acrylic but not quite. applied in the same manner and mixed in the same manner. the clear is 2 Pack and can be buffed to mirror finish if you like.

a 2 pack primer is required though.

well what else do you want to know. if its isn't a metallic colour then you can use acrylic and buff it till it shines. easy to do. just in my opinion not the strongest paint.

or if it metallic you can try acrylic colour and acrylic clear.

again as above not the strongest paint. 2 pack clear and basecoat will outlast it.

or you could go a 2 pack colour generally metallics aren't in 2 pack colours.

so if its a straight colour you could spray it... it ISN"T easy to get a good finish.

i recently did a 2 pack job and it was ok-ish. needs rubbing back and polishing.

acrylic is easy... great for the DIY but not a durable.

Clear on base is a bit harder to do but easier than straight 2 pack but more durable than acrylic..

and i would think that straight 2 pack yould be the most durable.