4k Mods

You can spend all that money on a 4k and my 4afc ae92 seca will still smoke you....

but then a stock ae101 will smoke me...

and a stock ae93 will smoke that...

...and the story goes on.

Your best bet! Get a $13K xr6 and slide it into a ditch. That seems to be all the rage...

...ain't I the optimist!!!

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can spend all that money on a 4k and my 4afc ae92 seca will still smoke you....

Your best bet! Get a $13K xr6 and slide it into a ditch. That seems to be all the rage...

...ain't I the optimist!!!

who cares what can beat what, and whose car is faster, my car isn't an extension of my penis ;)

i like to make modifications to my car, then see what said modifications affect, all in an effort to better my car. there's no point putting a cent into a 4k if you wanna actually go faster than other cars :D

so anyone got any ideas about these valve springs? should i stay stockers?

Edited by RainWarriorDregs

would that be the case in a 4k head? so the crow cam springs are double?

i'm contemplating just leaving stock springs in it for the moment, is that a bad idea

I'm not 100% about 4K head, I reckon they run a smaller valve stem seal than 5K's which is why the CB4A's from Performance springs don't fit.

As for stock springs, unless you're going for huge lift, you don't need them.

ok guys this has gotten pretty out of hand for me so after todays work i have gotten no where!

i gave crow cams a call today and all they said about a cam for " the old 4k " is that they havent had anything to do with the k mortors for about 3-5 years and wanted nothing to do with me and havent had any sucess on a bigger carby so now I'm asking for help if anyone out there has a bigger carby and cam they want to sell or knows a exact supplyer for these items because I'm not resting till i get em lol i need at least 70hp hahahah anyway if anyone has anymore info or shit to sell me pm me or reply bcz this is seemin harder than i thought

thanks in advance if anyone can help!

hahah good on you mate.

I reserve my right as a moderator to FLAME!

68 rear wheel killerwasps in my 710kg car

against

78 flywheel killerwasps (claimed by factory) in your 1000kg car.....

Good one.

I'm not 100% about 4K head, I reckon they run a smaller valve stem seal than 5K's which is why the CB4A's from Performance springs don't fit.

Smallport 3k's, all 4k's and 5k's share the same valve stem seals.

It is the early k and 3k bigport motors with the mongy o-rings for valvestem seals.

A half decent 4k in a ke1x will own a 6 cyl falcadore.

hahah good on you mate.

I reserve my right as a moderator to FLAME!

68 rear wheel killerwasps in my 710kg car

against

78 flywheel killerwasps (claimed by factory) in your 1000kg car.....

Good one.

That's 71 kwhp,

and how much did you spend to get that 68rwkw philby?

A half decent 4k in a ke1x will own a 6 cyl falcadore.

I beg to differ. My brother owns a EL XR6 Falcon 5 speed. It makes poop of even serious NA 4 bangers.

Edited by mirage1172

That's 90 fwhp actually,

I beg to differ. My brother owns a EL XR6 Falcon 5 speed. It makes poop of even serious NA 4 bangers.

I too own a fwd 4afc and i seriously doubt your making 90fwhp out of the 20 year old engine

Smallport 3k's, all 4k's and 5k's share the same valve stem seals.

Then something's not adding up. all these people running Performance Spring CB4A dual springs must have converted to the old style valve stem seals, my 5K (both of the heads I havE) stem seals are larger than the ID of a CB4A inner spring.

That's 71 kwhp,

haha mate I'm just razzing ya. It cost me about 2 grand with a full engine rebuild and a set of dellortos.

I used to frequent twincam16.com a lot so I sometimes get tired of the 4A sycophants, yeh they're a good motor and so on but it's still a lot of money before you make a lot of power, unless you boost it. seriously though in a KE10 that's 30 percent lighter I don't need to make as much dyno power as an AE92.

Not that I can race anyone right now with only 7.5 valve springs :happy:

Edited by philbey