4k Mods

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i gave crow cams a call today and all they said about a cam for " the old 4k " is that they havent had anything to do with the k mortors for about 3-5 years and wanted nothing to do with me

Odd!! I sent mine off in January and got it back OK.

Part number 600606

You must have ot the office dummy! Go back to them and ask for the organ-grinder....

The valve spring replacements are from the Holden 202 motor, but stock springs should take 0.4" cam lift OK.

Hey mate as far as a carb goes look into putting a gemini nikki carb on. Its not the best option as far as power but theyre cheap (got mine for $23) and with a change of jets etc they go pretty well for what they are. Pretty much a straight bolt on too.

Crow have just told me-

We still do regrinds, (your own cam) but can't do new cams as they no longer make the blanks

He said to email him directly- Just take the spaces out that I put in to prevent the bots recognising an email addy.

martin@ crowcams .com .au

You must have got the office cleaner with a sense of humour! :happy:

Edited by altezzaclub

hahahaha ok thanks mate ill see what happens now

it is my daily and i don't have time to pull the camshaft out even tho its easy n didnt know that these bigger carbys would be soo expensive probs going to hold back now and put an engine in later or something thanks 4 ur help

Fair enough- get a cheap 4K off someone on here and rebuild it slowly then drop it in.

Buy these right now and save them until you need them! They are a bargain!

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=36821

Mine cost just under $2000 for the whole mod. Buying carbs/ extractors $600, cam $185, gasket kit/bearings/choke cables/fittings/stuff from spares shop $500, airbox made and fitted $115, exhaust fitment $130, head engineering and crank clean $165, other bits made it $1873.

I did bearings at the same time as the car had been run with the wrong oil filter and the lack of a non-return valve meant it started up every day with no oil pressure for 30seconds. The bearings were marked so I replaced them with standard size again, and it is better now.

I had an airbox made so it takes a new Corolla paper filter and it is inside a cold air box. Somewhere in there is $60 for exhaust manifold wrap to also keep the engine bay cool.

I better do a write-up on it now I suppose. All the usual stuff people do to work over a 4K as a daily.

Edited by altezzaclub