4age Jolting Then Ingages Into Revs

hi all just wondering if anyone can help me out here i just bought an sx corolla and it has a small port engine only mod so far as i no is a pod filter.now when I'm driving say at 50 kms i put the foot down and it jolts then blasts in to its revving.kinda hard to explain its like when you do it to an automatic.my theory is its running to rich and its putting way to much fuel in when i plant the foot? anyone had a similar prob or may no the reason?

Edited by andy2004

Members dont see this ad

If you're used to driving an auto then you need to get used to driving a manual. It is probably just flooding the engine at first because you're planting the foot and because a manual has a "direct" drive (whereas an automatic has what I'd describe as a power buffer), you feel the power or backing off of power at the wheels a lot more.

Gradually put your foot down... It's just a waste of fuel to plant the foot straight away.

If you're used to driving an auto then you need to get used to driving a manual. It is probably just flooding the engine at first because you're planting the foot and because a manual has a "direct" drive (whereas an automatic has what I'd describe as a power buffer), you feel the power or backing off of power at the wheels a lot more.

Gradually put your foot down... It's just a waste of fuel to plant the foot straight away.

if anything I'm not use to an automatic sorry. I'm not one to put the foot down just would see how the engine went if i did as most people do with new cars they just bought. it just paused for a bit but then cranked right in to it. but i just noticed goin out to my car before that it was idleing at 2 thousand rpm which is not right so now I'm stuck with the question how do you turn your idle down to 800rpm?? just new to this engine thats all

if anything I'm not use to an automatic sorry. I'm not one to put the foot down just would see how the engine went if i did as most people do with new cars they just bought. it just paused for a bit but then cranked right in to it. but i just noticed goin out to my car before that it was idleing at 2 thousand rpm which is not right so now I'm stuck with the question how do you turn your idle down to 800rpm?? just new to this engine thats all

Don't muck around on an internet forum. What you need is a scan tool and a decent mechanic.

Most likely dead sensor or wire, which one, i can't say. Not likely anyone will be able to say categorically without running a few tests.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

sounds like you have a problem. when you put your foot down to wide open throttle it should immediately pick up and smoothly, with no hesitation or jerking.

I'd reccommend taking it to a mechanic.... going to go out on a limb and say if you don't know a motor mechanic then take it to a toyota dealer.... probably take a LOT of time of the diagnostics by having information and experience....

make sure the pod filter is clean too!! I'm sick of seeing cars with k&n filters and pod filters that don't get looked after or maintained! 90% of the time you'd be better off with a factory air cleaner setup anyway (cold air and serviced properly).

Robert.

hey thanks guys yea i think that might have to be the case jus the guy before tryed playing around with it because it was sputtery and i said that usually happens when u water blast an engine with out covering up the filter and all ignition points etc.and he scratches his head and said opps. but owel i bought it so guess i took the risk. yea its a cheap filter so will get that replaced to. thanks for the info anyway guys