Mitsubishi Engines

mikeys toy

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which Lancer is it, ie what model Lancer? If it's a GSR, it'll be a 4G93 (1.8L turbo). I don't really think the 4G93 bolts into anything apart from a Lancer/Mirage thing, anything that came stock with a 4G93. Satria GTi came with same engine, without the turbo. And if it isn't a GSR, then it'll probably be one of the POS 1.5L or 1.3L SOHC things or something, in which case I hardly think it'll be worth the effort trying to custom fit the engine into anything.

Even 4G63 (and 4G61) doesn't bolt in. Close, but no cigar. 4G61 (CB Lancer GSR) and 4G63 (Galant, Evo etc) are interchangeable though.

Edited by demuire

Well it is a 92 lancer and i would probally be one of those SOHC engines. The only reason i asked was because i wanted a second car to drive and i have a perfect engine and gearbox just no car to put it in. I would also asume that a 92 lancer body in good condition would be a hard find and rather expensive. Just a quick question. The lancer body has a twisted chasis are you able to fix this for road worthyness the engine and gearbox in it is fine. Just the Damm chasis is twisted .

Edited by gtnickk

my mom (mum?) has a '90 eagle talon tsi turbo fwd........4g63t.......hmmmm

anyway the guy will gimmie a full refund if it won't fit, so it's at least worth a try

oh ya.....the ONLY 5 series corolla we got was a te51 and this guy has one if anyone needs parts

• 4 weeks later...
Mmm, 4G63. Best engine ever made.

Come off it. Sure it'll take a lot of upgrades and still hold together, but it's not revvy enough for me. I don't even think it's the best 2L turbo 4-cylinder engine ever made. 3S-GTE deserves that title. That or the SR20 of course.

Hopefully the 4G63 replacement that is coming out in Evo X will continue to be a legendary motor and will hopefully have more bore and less stroke.

If you are going to do it, at least make it a twincam :down:

Honda supposedly aren't that fond of DOHC due to excessive vibrations and extra friction & inertial mass compared with SOHC. The only reason they use DOHC is due to better power capabilities. I think Mitsubishi follow the same reasoning (hence SOHC Lancers and Magnas).

whenever anyone's talked about FJ vs SR to me, they mainly focus on the fact that the FJ is older and (unless you're buying a pre-built motor) you're going to have to give it a refresh, making it an overall more expensive exercise. whereas an SR from an S14 or S15 is still pretty fresh, so you can just drop it in and start winding the boost up

17 kilos....

from what i understand the FJs are tougher (and cheaper) for the same power output. if you were that worried about the difference, you could always lose weight.

That's 17 kilos from the nose of the car meaning a better weight distribution (unless you're mid-mounting it, not likely). Plus the SR20 is far more recent and has far more aftermarket parts available to it.