My Ke55

lumina78ke55

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

want to hear the old girl running with the new pipe but she starving herself of fuel....

i pored some petty down her thoat she kicked over so its definately fuel related

the lines to the carby were dry to start with but i was able to suck the fuel up to the carby... (ps gota love the taste of premium in the arvo haha)

but it wont pull the fuel through when i try to start it

thinking a new filter for starts, failing that i guess ill probly be up for a new pump... more $$$$$ to spend YAY

(opened up the pump and it had fuel inside, lucky i was wearing a rubber glove when i did or that cut would have cause some form of discomfort)

any other ideas people?

i got no idea man but i got a fuel pump here off a 4k ke70 you can have for 5 bucks if you want, don't know if it works though haha but it should...

keep up the good work on this little beauty ;)

cheers for the offer but i figure i mite as well buy a newy that way i know that if it doesnt fix the problem then i kno that i gota keep looking haha

and thanks for the encouragement :D it helps haha

ah also i want to get this baby sitting a little lower too.. but ive only got 8cm till I'm on the bump stops on the rear and bout 14cm from body to turf :D i want lower damn it...!!

so ill be getting some blocks for the rear and get out the angle grinder for the fronts...and ill try keep my fingers well clear this time haha

ok so just picked up a new fuel filter,fuel pump,2m of new hose for fuel lines,oil pan gasket,oil,oil drip tray and some clips (another $150 gone)

when i got home from the shops i had a message on face book from the previous owner telling me the fuel pump is near new...... damn it!!!

i must say it doesnt look very new but hey. so if this doesnt work then i guess ill be pulling the carby apart... really hope i don't have to.. but if i do i guess ill learn something new :D

also ive found that i can't get hold of the R/H engine mount..."discontinued"

can still get the L/H which is the one i need but want to do them both... hmmm