Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trouble Getting Valve Springs Out!!!!!

Featured Replies

ive got the cams out of my 4afe head but is there a special trick in getting the valve springs and the valves out

 

the little ring that holds the valve spring in place i can't undo and i don't know the tricks

 

is there a simple way or do i need a special tool

 

may seem a Noob question but this is the first toyota head ive ever pulled apart

 

 

thanks in advance

 

Harry

You sir, need one of these!

 

kdt-3271.gif

 

Its an overhead valve spring compressor.

 

Just ask Philbey how well it works as I sold him one not long ago and he swears by it.

Edited by Raven

There is a one handed item on the market that my cousin has, It will remove and insert collets with ease, I will get some info on it when I go to work, It really only takes about 30 seconds to remove valve springs from a 12 valve head.

http://www.toyotool.com/PURCHASE.htm

 

look here these are probs similar to what your cousin has trev.

i have one and it works great. watch the video! its on the homepage.

 

there is another brand i forget what brand that does the same thing and it close to half the price.

Edited by greenmac80

  • Author

thanks alot fellas this has really helped me out does anybody in s.a have one i can buy or borrow or can i get one from an auto shop somewhere

http://www.toyotool.com/PURCHASE.htm

 

look here these are probs similar to what your cousin has trev.

i have one and it works great. watch the video! its on the homepage.

 

there is another brand i forget what brand that does the same thing and it close to half the price.

 

That's the one or same thing different brand, I have never used anything easier.

thanks alot fellas this has really helped me out does anybody in s.a have one i can buy or borrow or can i get one from an auto shop somewhere

 

i'll see what i can do.. my missus dad has my tool but i could get it off him by the wkend i reckon.. pm me.

thanks alot fellas this has really helped me out does anybody in s.a have one i can buy or borrow or can i get one from an auto shop somewhere

 

Raven works in an auto parts shop. I'm sure he can hook you up with one as he did Philbey.

I've got the exact sucker Mick pictured. Yes it is a good piece of kit, much easier than others I've seen.

 

That one in the video is pretty cool! I wouldn't want to be trying it on a set of 300 pound race springs though.

I've got the exact sucker Mick pictured. Yes it is a good piece of kit, much easier than others I've seen.

 

That one in the video is pretty cool! I wouldn't want to be trying it on a set of 300 pound race springs though.

 

It really is quite easy, you only compress the spring for a portion of a second and it works good on heavy duty valve springs, you can use it single handed on vg30 heads.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.