Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Codys '81 Build: Cerberus

Featured Replies

I'm going to start a build thread. This will be a ongoing restoration, and modification build. Let's get started.

 

I bought this car 6/30/2010. I gave $400.00 American for it. I drove it a hour and a half home with zero issues. It ha d been sitting a while. Rotten 13'' tires, exhaust leaks, you name it. I had been looking for a Corolla for a while now, and it looks pretty cute next to my Supras.

 

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

 

 

The morning after I bought it, I tore into it.

 

100_7086.jpg

 

I have 18 Ma61 rims, so I put a nice set on it. I had to roll the fenders, because I pretty much ate the tires off of the first set of rims I put on the back. They didn't look like they were that close to the fender lip.

 

100_7097.jpg

100_7098.jpg

 

The list as it goes on so far.

 

I have added mkIII Supra power seats, wired in and working. New rear carpet, Toyota Cressida dome light swap, Completely rebuilt the rear brakes, removed the rear bumper and rear wiper, installed new bulbs all the way around, removed all of the Ac stuff, most of the engine bay stuff. She runs better than she looks.

 

I'm looking to get some nice 13'' rims with some nice lip, lower it a little bit, satin black it, and recover the interior in black leather. Stay tuned, everyone!

Edited by Fanatic

i like it, you guys got a different front to us.

any plans to fix the rust, or are you going to go down a sort of ratrod look?

also, how rare are these in the US of A?

  • Author

I plan to fix the body up, but I'm going to build the engine up first, and find victims, heh. These wagons are rare over here, but the 5 speed is extremely rare over here. Every 1 in 5 you find is a 5 speed.

 

100_7088.jpg

Edited by Fanatic

  • Author

Yeah, Ma61's are boss. :P

slam it, do a engine conversion, leave the body stock!

she has seen better days !... might need some replacement panels.... is there alot of spares avail in the usa? or abit rare?

  • Author

No replacement panels anywhere around. I can't even find one of these cars in a junkyard here. I may wind up making and welding in panels myself.

that sucks.... u may have to import some from oz.... looks similar to a ke70 station wagon?.. What motor does it have?

  • Author

It has a 3tc.. It's a te72 in the states.

Doesn't look like a lot of serious rust though, surface rust bar the lower portion of the pass. door I guess from looking at those pics.

 

But f@$k.. A good spot of floor and frame rail welding if needed, an engine, a set of coilovers and wheels and this car would be f@$king awesome. I hate ratlook when it's forced but this would be just so right to leave as-is :laff:

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Not much done lately, had to put a motor in my MA61. Ugh, what a pain. Didn't realize the clutch disc was bent, had to pull the transmission 3 times to get it fixed right. Anyway, I removed the front clip today, beat the dent out of the front drivers (Passenger for you guys) fender. Looks better already. I painted the grill and head light bezels black while it was apart, and painted behind where the front bumper once was. I also thought of a wacky color to paint it, lime GREEN. I will also be doing the interior in black instead of this blue. Green and black sounds sexy.

 

What's left of the battery tray:

 

100_7371.jpg

 

Primered wiper cowl

 

100_7370.jpg

 

100_7369.jpg

 

Door rust. Worse than I thought, but I actually found a local coupe, so I'm gonna try to get the doors, etc off of the guy.

 

100_7365.jpg

 

100_7364.jpg

 

100_7362.jpg

 

100_7361.jpg

 

100_7363.jpg

neat... i love corolla...

  • Author

Thanks, so do I. :)

  • Author

Here's the color, Grabber green. I got the (U.s) drivers side sanded, and primed today. I got the hood (Bonnet) and front fascia primed and painted. I'm hoping to have it wearing all green by the end of the week. Let me know your thoughts. Like it? Love it? Want to set it on fire? Haha. I just wanted to be different, and I think I got it lol.

 

100_7378.jpg

100_7377.jpg

Edited by Fanatic

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.