Me Ke20

frasian

so i have my licence coming up next week so its time to bog down and finish her off, i have all weekend and so far today we have done all the rust and dents in the roof fenders and doors, tomorrow we are hoping to finish the quaters off and the boot, after that its give it a rub down and get it in primer so I'm pretty sure we are stretching it, but anyway we are hoping to get it in white 2pac before the weekend is over and for the car to be back together by next week,

so keep posted cause there will be fresh pics up of the paint job soon :)

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah so i had a good talk with my stepdad and here is whats going to happen with my baby.

as gutted as i am i have some things to look forward to, we are going to cut the front out and weld another front on, abit backyard but will finish nicely, in that time we will get a 5spd box with new clutch, repaint the engine bay a gun metal grey with a few coats of 2pac clear, white is just to hard to keep clean and also rebuild the front steering,pitman arm, idler tie rods etc, lower it in the front get the leafs reset put some flares on and just make her a better car after that.

so its rebuild time unfortunatly I'm going to be riding in a merc (bus) for the next few months till i get my pride and joy back onto the road.

ps. if anyone is selling a cheap car <400 id be very interested not worried about condition etc just to get to a-z :)

thanks for the support guys

You can have my 20. I just want a few things out of her (seatbelts, steering wheel, mirrors etc).

She is in Goomalling and hasn't got the front K frame fitted (no wheels up front)but it's all there. I have the bumpers, radiator, lights, one quarter panel and some other random stuff here, but checked and the other quarter panel and the bonnet are with the car in Goomalling.

• 1 month later...

PROGRESS :D

so the front chassis is striaght engine is running good again got new rad hoses and a new radiator looking a new thermo fan it starts i just need the wheels aligned then i can drive it and I'm dying to drive it again :(

I'm trying to track a passenger side mirror the same as drivers side so if anyone knows of any would be helpful.

got the front back together thanks for that ken (67rolla_ken) ordered some new bushes and shoes and alot more to be going in looking at new carpet so when i do the sound system i can put it under the new carpet with some good underlay. so hopefully ill be sporting some black carpet, new sound system and also looking at a suede combo on ebay for steering wheel 3" dish 13" big and red stitch and a red stitch and writing momo stick.

sorry for the shitty phone pics 2mp :(

got some new numberplates so that should clean the car up and finish it abit.

old ones

post-11542-0-89657000-1312895699_thumb.jpg

the new ones are the same just redone so still same number and colour just new :)

also lowered the front so its even to the back now

post-11542-0-60147900-1312895787_thumb.jpg

alos what do you guys think of the flat front bonnet on the pointy front ? I'm not a fan of the jailbar grille looks too ke10 but as it sits the front of the pointy grille sits with the bonnet end and the headlight looks much more tucked in i like it charger look ... kindof

post-11542-0-19949200-1312895945_thumb.jpg

anyway I'm told ill have the car by end of the month which would be good I'm so sick of the bus.

also i have a ke20 I'm now wrecking have pretty much everything except the engine and g.box, full dash cluster from eir vent to airvent good nick asell, trims panels seats etc of u need anything just ask ill probally have it.

give this a week on my topic then ill post on the fs section by then i hope to have pictures.

thanks guys

Edited by frasian