Serious 4a-g 20v Mods

Toycrash

Any hints for billet cams, hi comp pistons, and other hi-pe parts for silvertop or blacktop engine.

Plases to buy, dudes to talk, etc. =)

Some things in mind: +11.5/1 cr, hi lift/race spec N7A cams, cam gears, valve springs, rods, arp or other manufacturer bolts all around, engine management (fuel+ignition standalone), exhaust manifolds, etc, etc.

NO vvti or stock ecu bull.. :thumbsup:

Members dont see this ad

Check out http://www.todaracing.com. I sent off an enquiry about cams and got a response from the Australian division. Cams are expensive, but take your pick of profile and lift options. Mmm, 304-degree cams with 9.0mm of lift. Their range for the 16-valve motor is better, as you can go up to a 320-degree, 10.8mm lift cam. Can you imagine how peaky the little bastard would be?

If you want info on their range, email TODA but make sure you tell them you're in Australia. Their Oz rep gave me some great help and assistance.

Just so you know, the Australian prices I was given on 16-valve cams were:

7.9mm-9.0mm lift camshafts (pair): $1075

10.3mm-10.8mm lift camshafts (pair): $1490

Vernier adjustable cam pulleys (pair): $450

Up-rated valve springs (set): $210 (required for lift of 8.5mm or more)

Inner shim kit: $1525 (required for lift of 9.0mm or more)

The TODA bloke actually offered me direct shipping to save money, meaning that a set of 7.9mm-9.0mm camshafts would be $885 instead of $1075. A considerable saving.

BTW, remember those prices are for 16-valve cams. Compare the American prices on the US TODA site and you'll see that 20-valve cams cost about 20% more (funny that).

I'm pretty sure you could get all internal parts through any rebuilder.

I work at Redlands Engines (Recon. Engines) and they get in forged pistons, rods, arp rod bolts and so on. I'm not too sure about things like cams but I'm sure most places would be willing to help you out...

(Sorry I don't know more, I only worked there for 3 weeks)

Damien

Edited by 10_ROLA

200hp atw wheels in a n/a 4age will cost like $20k.

the atlantic engines run 240ish at the fly and they are about that cost.

Yes i know this.

Folks run 16v 4a-g:s at +230hp at fly and 20v:s at sprint races go past 240hp at fly. So ifi want race seriously i have to be close there, right? :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Give Mark Yager at Yager Race Engines in Alstonville a call,

Ummm... Does they have a e-mail adress? :lol:

If i call them, they will ship me an carbie when i wanted a cam, or something like that.. ;D

Some tech help an good parts is what i need, not the work. Still have this handicap, that living up here, not down there.. :cool: