Ke11 Se 2 Door Sedan.

Des

Hey Hey,

This is my 5/70 Ke11 SE.

The car was sold by Bill McCluskey's River view motors on Coronation Dr, Milton in Brisbane. A lady in Camp hill bought the car on the 22nd of May 1970. The 1000 mile inspection and Pre delivery was done by River view motors and every service after that was done on time at a Shell service station on Cavendish Rd at Coorparoo. I think the original rego was PPJ-859. The car has its warranty book, owners manual, A.M.I Electrocoat booklet, AWA authorised car radio service stations booklet and a diamond dot tape mate instruction booklet.

Factory 3K and Toyoglide, Hubcaps and trim rings, Drums all round, Steel bladed fan and a borg warner diff.

This will be registered by the 23rd of September.

Plans:

Service everything on it.

Straighten front and rear bumpers.

Clean off surface rust from the bumpers rubbing the paint away.

Polish.

Get the LHF 1/4 panel indicator working properly.

Fit a huge arse thermo to the front of the radiator

Get the radiator checked and maybe recored

Fit electronic dizzy.

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

Edited by Des

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin got the indicators working properly again and wired in a new flasher unit for me, They work perfectly. I pulled the bumper bars off ready to be straightened and polished. Changed the plugs, Leads, Air filter, oil, oil filter, fuel filter and fuel lines.

Looking for a shifter bush now.

Justin got the indicators working properly again and wired in a new flasher unit for me, They work perfectly. I pulled the bumper bars off ready to be straightened and polished. Changed the plugs, Leads, Air filter, oil, oil filter, fuel filter and fuel lines.

Looking for a shifter bush now.

Good work Des, as I said in the other thread, I got mine from Terry for the stick from toyota so they might still have the bush for the linkage in yours.

I rebuilt the 3K carby today, Runs well.

Bought a 10 inch thermo fan, Just need to finish of making the 4 mounting brackets and wiring.

Need to get a new exhaust system as the pipe that goes into the manifold is rusted out and leaks.

Bought a bottle of rust converter, The car has 1 spot of suraface rust on the bottom of the front valance panel.

did Toyota make ke10??

Yes.

I bought a micro toggle switch for the thermo fan today, I found a nice spot hidden under the dash to mount it out of the way. Also hiding the wiring too. Ordered an electronic distributor too.

Front shot looks pretty good without the bar.

You doing the bars yourself?

I'm going to try. The front is straight with a small dent but the rear is fairly twisted with a little dent. I reckon i can get the dents out but i don't know about straighten them.

Adjusted the front drums today and everything brake wise is ready to roll or stop either way. I had to drop the gearbox cross member to lower the box enough to get my hand to the linkages so i could remove parts to try and match up 2 bushes. Ae71 3 speed auto bushes have the right inside diameter but the outside diameter is too big by about 3mm.