For All You Keto Lovers! Come And Hate! :d

Dann_m

Okay, so i've been playing with the idea in my head so far for a budget ke70 drifter, yeah yeah the 4age is the way to go so common now days with them but is by far the cheapest option.

Me and a mate have always thought why don't people use eco techs? yeah like out of a commodore, 3.6L there bogan as f@$k and out of a commodore but who cares still makes the power haha!

so i've come up with the plan to build an ecotech ke70! As gay as it might sound and i know quite a few of you will hate on me for this but meh :ninja: I plan to find a decent ke70 shell, wether it just be shell or full car running, minimul rust if possible.

i've got my mums vt which was in a rear end crash so is now a write off and is sitting in the yard so my time to shine :)

i plan on taking the engine, loom and gbox out of it and dropping it into the keto, but i have a few questions before i start chopping, first has this been done before? and seccond will it be too front end heavy?,

Let me know your opinions ( if theres any good ones :( ) and ideas on it please!

Thanks, Dan.

- Keeping sper in business since 1991 -

Members dont see this ad

less talk more action mate.

Who gives a shit what everyone thinks, you're just going to cop a flaming. At the end of the day, KE70's are a cuboid pustule on the face of the automotive industry. I say hit that sucker with the gas axe and do something different, nobody will miss the car if you guff it up!

Oh wait sorry, why don't you put a 4age in it, I don't think I've seen that done before.

I'm keen to see the out come of this project too. As a mechanic I'm alway interested in seeing something like this done. As it will be front heavy ull probly need to shave the diff and tub it out to get nice fat tyres on the rear. May even a few lead block in the very back of the boot for just that little bit of extra weight at the rear. My vs ute engine is worked slightly didnt cost alot to do but made a big difference in acceleration. A set of yellow terra rolla rockers wld be the first engine upgrade i wld be doing. Good luck i look foward to seeing the progress.

Oh wait sorry, why don't you put a 4age in it, I don't think I've seen that done before.

:fuzz:

Yeah it would be a bit front heavy, nothing you could fix with a well sorted front suspesion setup...... but you've still just got that weight there.

The torque would be good for drifting with more than twice the capacity of a 4age.

Can't really think of any V6 KE70's off the top of my head (although I'm sure they're out there), there is also a couple of V6 KE30/55's here though. Here's one of them.....

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=8849

And just to make you go :dance: here's Nick's next V6 project.......

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=34604

So that just proves anything can be done! Its just a matter of enough time, patience and know how. I would have said coin also but knowing Nick he would have built that whole car for under $5k.

Quite honestly I would try to ditch the ecotec option, and run with a vn-vp buick v6 if you were going to go ahead with the conversion. Reason being you need a modified ECU to run the ecotec motor without the body control module and the immobiliser circuitry. The modified computer can be found on ebay though.

That was the basis of my choice of motor when I converted a VH to a 3.8l 6. bit of cut and shut on the loom and carefully reading both the vh and vn wiring diagrams we got a setup that worked....