4age Crank Info For 4agte Usage

dangdang

Gday,

I'm currently building a 4agte for my ae82 Twincam. I brought what was a rebuilt 4agze block already fitted with Aries 8.0 forged pistons, spool rods, and its a seven rib with oil squirters. All good, then whilst I was checking the mains with plastiguage I found that the crank has been ground undersize and therefore has thicker "standard" type shells, I figure I really need to run the acl grooved "race" type as I will be heading north of 20 psi but these are not available in the shell thicknesses this ground crank requires.

My question is what is the best crank to source, and are GZE and GE late, large journal cranks the same?

I've read conflicting info in regards to the composition of GE and GZE cranks and whether they are actually forged or not.

My machinist here in Tas seems to think we might have to source from Japan as we are having real trouble finding any GE crank, if so I want to make sure I get the right one.

Build details of this engine can be found here.http://www.ae82.net/showthread.php?2...82-4agte-build

Any help is muchly appreciated as I'm getting real cranky with this hold up in the build. Everything else is bout ready to go, just need a crank!!!

Cheers

Members dont see this ad
There are only 2 different 4AGE cranks. The first is for the 3-rib bigport 4AGE, and the second is for every other 4AG, be it 16v, 20v, or GZE

Ian do you know where the 'all 4age cranks and rods are forged' thread is on toymods, I could not find it.

Ian do you know where the 'all 4age cranks and rods are forged' thread is on toymods, I could not find it.

There's a couple of related ones, but the big one from memory was about the GZE pistons being forged/semi-forged

Are 4AGZE cranks forged steel or cast

Forged or not? 4AGZE/1GGZE pistons

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

There's a couple of related ones, but the big one from memory was about the GZE pistons being forged/semi-forged

Are 4AGZE cranks forged steel or cast

Forged or not? 4AGZE/1GGZE pistons

All I could find was the piston threads, I mentioned to Dan on AE82 that there is a thread on toymods covering the cranks and I was trying to find it, I also thought that old corollas did a post of the cranks.

All I could find was the piston threads, I mentioned to Dan on AE82 that there is a thread on toymods covering the cranks and I was trying to find it, I also thought that old corollas did a post of the cranks.

Thanks for the info guys, you rock!

Just need to bloody find one. :D Not having a lot of luck so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...