How Many Litres Of Oil For A 5k?

InTrenches

Members dont see this ad
if shes a heavy breather or smoker

use "Tection DD Monograde 40" this shit will control burning oil (its sooo f@$king thick!, thicker than ep80w gearbox oil LOL)

So you are saying that a 40 weight is thicker then a 80-90?

If it is using oil then try Penrite HPR50.

thats what we couldnt work out, ep80w was thinner than tection monograde? it was a fresh drum aswell.

tection was like honey lmao

Castrol Tection DD Monograde

Protection for 2-stroke Diesel Engines

Castrol Tection DD Monograde is a high performance diesel engine oil, specially formulated for use in Detroit Diesel 2-Stroke engines, operating with diesel fuels up to 0.5% maximum sulphur.

Benefits

* Protection against deposit formation. 2-stroke engines are very sensitive to deposits which can form on the exhaust valves, leading to burnt valves, a loss in engine power and if unchecked, to complete engine failure. Castrol Tection DD Monograde has a special low ash-forming formulation to minimise deposit build-up, this ensures efficient engine operation and longer engine life.

* Protection against wear. Castrol Tection DD Monograde contains advanced anti-wear additives to protect against premature engine failure from wear, therefore reducing maintenance costs.

Specifications / Performance

* SAE 40

* API CF/CF-2

* Sulphated ash 0.8% weight maximum

* Suitable for use in DD Series 149 engines

Grade Code 2229

:blinks:

I would personally be using RX super over Tection DD as rx does not have as many detergents, I used to run RX in my car every now and then to keep it a bit more cleaner.

ummmmmm...... gear oil weights are different to engine oil weights and it is possible for a higher number in gear oil to be thinner than a lower number in engine oil....

and a 40w monograde is going to be much thicker at a cold temperature than a multigrade such as a 20w50 - it will be thinner than a 20w50 at higher temperatures though.

If you need to know how much, try googling it, or searching a major oil manufacturer's website - they normally give you a reccommendation and a capacity.

Robert.

ummmmmm...... gear oil weights are different to engine oil weights and it is possible for a higher number in gear oil to be thinner than a lower number in engine oil....

and a 40w monograde is going to be much thicker at a cold temperature than a multigrade such as a 20w50 - it will be thinner than a 20w50 at higher temperatures though.

If you need to know how much, try googling it, or searching a major oil manufacturer's website - they normally give you a reccommendation and a capacity.

Robert.

True but I still say that 80-90 is thicker then 40.

Thanks for the teaching, I have no idea about oil.