Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rodgerramjet's Ke55.

Featured Replies

Hello Brethren,

 

Picked this up in my new hometown of Cairns. It’s a 1979 KE55 Corolla. It comes tinted, lowered on Kings / Monroes, with some nice 16” rims, fully resprayed in the original colour of Kingston Blue. It’s got the stock 4K with a 3sp gearbox. First carby I have owned, and first RWD for that matter :hmm:

 

Here it is.

 

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

 

I don’t have any interior shots on me at this minute, but will update that later.

 

I haven’t done a lot to it, but I’m in the early stages of planning what to do. I have put the boss kit on it, run a tacho, air:fuel, 12volt, oil temp / pressure gauges. I’ve been trying to track down a 4AGZE/SR20 for it. I might also be looking at a 5K, and if anyone has a 5K + gearbox please let me know.

 

My main and first plan is engine. Other than that, I will endeavour to tackle some of the minor rust bubbles, central locking, new diff (probably a hilux of pintara diff) exhaust (4-1 headers into 2 ¼” pipe).

 

I've been trolling the yahoo.jp auctions for some aftermarket option parts for the KE55, but I'm not 100% familiar with the parts list for the KE55. If anyone wants to track something down from Japan let me know, as I work with a guy in Japan who loads freight for JDM parts for me to distribute. I do this at no extra cost or profit, more of a hobby.

 

Ill keep this updated with my progress.

 

Thanks,

Pat.

Edited by RogerRamJet

Looks overrated man!

 

How is cairns these days?

Looks good fella, get on top of the rust before it gets worse. Rust in cars love the tropics!

 

cheers phatke30!

Very nice ke you have there sir, I wish mind were as nice :hmm:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.