Changed My Spark Plugs

Istartfires

Members dont see this ad

Either you got a bit excited at the time and flooded it, or the timing is wrong, or the leads are in the wrong place...

Check lead position- note which way the dizzy spins, look down the oil cap or take off the tappet cover and turn the pulley until the timing mark hits 10deg. Make sure the rotor points to 1 or 4, whichever is the correct cylinder firing at that time (by looking at the tappets)

Then make sure that the rotating rotor will point to number 3 after number one, then 4 then 2.

If the dizzy is at all loose just make sure the timing is right, firing around 10deg.

If you do have spark as you say then the problem is somewhere else, like flooding.

Did youput the right plugs in? Do you have spark at the plugs? Have you pulled them back out and looked at them? Did you put the cap back on the right way? Was the dizzy itself loose? If the dizzy was lose, is the timing out?

What pluggs would u recommend and would u know the part number? The lewd that is closest to the front of the car is loose,they are brand new Leeds.

The brand of plugs won't stop it starting, they will all spark OK.

Take a plug out, or use an old plug, attach it to a lead and lay it on the head and crank it over. Can you see a spark?? If you have done that and seen a spark then the plugs are working fine, and either the spark is at the wrong time or there is no petrol getting there...

Do you reckon you have the leads in the right order and the timing is still OK??

generaly when ya buy new plugs the gap is preset however there normaly set as a general setting for all the other cars that take that plug so might not be exact for you car

take out a plug and check its gap

also check inside the dizzy cap for cracks scratches if you have either of them in there it will make the spark jump around insiade the dizzy cap and prevent firing of the cyclinders

also check all your leeds are on properly

it does sound more of a timing problem so try moving the dizzy around a bit and try starting again

once got it started check you timing with a light

but if the dizzy cap was loose i would be looking inside the cap for damage 1st

It sounds like there is a loose connection somewhere. Mine stopped and wouldn't start and it ended up being the power to the starter motor had come off. I'm not saying its that but it sounds as if there is one connection in your ignition system that is shaking loose.

And I'm not being a dick but are you out of fuel?

Its happened before ;)

Edited by blzbub666

Having the same problem with my ke55. It had an idleing problem. I changed the spark plugs yesterday now it doesn't run. Plenty of sprak. I realised it still had leaded fuel coming through the lines when we changed the fuel filter. Now it's not getting fuel at all so either the fuel line is blocked with some of the muddy fuel coming through or the pump is f@$ked.

It sounds like there is a loose connection somewhere. Mine stopped and wouldn't start and it ended up being the power to the starter motor had come off. I'm not saying its that but it sounds as if there is one connection in your ignition system that is shaking loose.

And I'm not being a dick but are you out of fuel?

Its happened before ;)

she has fuel i pushed in two leads a little bit on the dizzy and she seems to be ok now, do you think that should be it? i only ask because it did this yesterday (ran fine then later chaged its mind)

I'm thinking when one lead came loose the movement from it running on 3 cylinders made the other come loose more?