Corolla Aftermarket Mods Cheap.

Crafty

Hi guys.

I was searching the web for aftermarket corolla parts and i came across a website called www.slickcar.com. It seems to be an Amercian website, but even after converting to Aussie dollars, the prices are still ridiculously cheap. For example.....

Set of 4 fully adjustable coilovers - $178 (us)

Extractors - $143 (us)

Cat-back stainless exhaust systems - $190 (us)

The list goes on and on. If you have yet to visit this site, check it out, and if you have, can you please enlighten me as to why everything is so cheap and if there are any people in Australia that import and sell these items. I doubt they are excellent quality but if you want to modify your rolla on the cheap, things like this can be enticing.

Members dont see this ad

No doubt this is most probably the case, but you can't deny that more popular, well known brand name products aren't also produced in similar conditions with highly inflated prices thrown on top. The website looks legit, if thats anything to go by.

Edited by Crafty

Yeah. Things over there are cheap as once converted, but postage (especially for coilovers) would be a killer.

but even if postage is 400AUD on those coilovers

~600AUD is pretty damn cheap for a set of coilovers.

the other "reason" may be that when things come to australia there are prolly quite a few "middle men" who add their ~10% on top. doesnt take long to get prices up that way.

for example i used to work at JB hifi in the car-audio section. almost everything had more than 100%+ mark up on it (ie we buy it for $50 and sell it for $120). and as you all know JB is VERY reasonable prices when compared to other retail prices. not a good example no, but if that website up there is where they originally make them, or close to the top of the mark-up chain, and its only an internet site (which will be cheaper anyway), then its no wonder they are cheap compared to what sells in australia.

for more eye openers of the american market check out www.eshocks.com

I agree with both last comments, hence my dilemma, and curiosity.

BTW - I checked out eshocks.com. Great prices, but still they are selling, for example, a single bilstein shock for roughly $100, while slickcar.com are selling a full set of 4 coilovers for only a tiny bit more. Which is where my concern lies.

Fig Jam :lol:

Looking at the picture it looks like a complete coilover strut to me, though i am by no means a professional on the subject. Description says sold as set of 4, and pricing is $107 a set (for Acura one's).

There's 2x pics of a kit and 1 assembled pic. Thats a "this is them installed on a strut" pic. :wink: