Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke38 "Brownie"

Featured Replies

Still looks awesome Tom. :)

  • Replies 48
  • Views 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I know this is going to sound boring, but serously keep it as it as. That is truly a spotless ke38 in metallic too. Its ones like this I really, really appreciate. :y:

Posted Images

Mate you haven't put any pics of the new cold air induction kit on here yet? whats going on? don't hold back on all your secrets, share with the world :lol:

  • Author

Haha thats because I copied it from Evan G and probably many other people.

 

But seeing as you've seen it Benny...I'll share.

 

Sandblasted and chopped factory airbox for the ultimate in backyard induction modifications :yes:

post-1424-004441300 1294551257_thumb.jpg

noice! induction noise is massive! louder than when i had the pod filter on!

  • Author
noice! induction noise is massive! louder than when i had the pod filter on!

 

Absolutely - I was actually quite surprised at the difference as I've never done this before despite having owned many KE Rolla's... Can't complain about the price!

  • Author

OK so my housemate finally got his new equipment for his Whitewall business (Custom Whitewalls), and this is the result.

 

For those in the know, he is using the same processes, equipment and paint as Derryl from Whitewalls SA.

 

I'll be posting some business details, pricing and more detailed pics of the process in the SA section soon for SA members, so keep an eye out for that if you're looking for a set in SA.

 

Car is dirty as hell but you get the idea.

 

And yes I know, it needs more low...

post-1424-078136000 1294565696_thumb.jpg

 

post-1424-082125700 1294565719_thumb.jpg

 

post-1424-076116200 1294565735_thumb.jpg

 

post-1424-043084700 1294565775_thumb.jpg

 

I like it

I want it.

  • 1 month later...

Nice Tidy wagon there Tom , yes its in very similar cond to mine & mine has also got one little tear thats been repaired in the Roof Lining , LOL

 

Cheers

 

Dave

Whitewalls? :yes:

 

Slam? :no2:

 

Looks good mate. :y:

Edited by ewt

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

Wow - this car hasn't been registered since December and I've only driven it three times! Having a full use company car means I don't really have a need to use it, but once time, funds and health permit I'll be getting the old girl registered and driving. Other projects and toys came up...

 

I did manage to find a more period steering wheel - $10 from a swap meet, a quick paint and a small teq sticker over a painted horn button I had lying around. Looks the goods I reckon even though it's quite used, but it may end up on something else in the next few days... :hmm:

 

post-1424-088972300 1303290771_thumb.jpg

love it neat.. tidy... clean... definately not the average hack rolla. well done on doing things nicely and properly.

sweet wags, i vote keep it high.

 

better to drive(i must be getting old), cops will leave you well alone and looks more factory.

 

cheers, Scott

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Big update for the rolla - thanks to below I am now using this as a daily until insurance sorts out whether I get a fixed, or new company car.

 

This happened day before Easter break - was well pissed off as it was partly my fault. Boss was very understanding though and everyone involved is ok.

 

Assuming this will be written off

post-1424-003760100 1304162146_thumb.jpg

 

So now I've been driving the rolla, and it's done two trips to the barossa and back with very noisy rear bearings and buggered shocks - not fun through the hills but fine when driven accordingly. Rockin the factory AM radio and cassette deck - audio quality in spades!

 

Got a few piccies seeing as it's the first real driving I've done in this car.

post-1424-099217400 1304162260_thumb.jpg

 

post-1424-032269200 1304162271_thumb.jpg

 

Also went camping at my family block in the barossa last night and slept in Hotel le Corolla - a bit squeezy but fun anyway!

 

Lots of assorted motorcycles to ride, lots of meat and beer and a feed of yabbies from below creek made for a good camp!

 

post-1424-080205800 1304162352_thumb.jpg

 

post-1424-055958600 1304162367_thumb.jpg

 

Poor old Ian rocked up in the MS123 with a blown tyre due to the dirt road - check this sucker out! Inner guards are sharp stainless steel and these tyres were a bit too flush...ouch! :o

post-1424-097165800 1304162944_thumb.jpg

 

post-1424-001473400 1304162956_thumb.jpg

 

Bikes of interest included a Russian Ural 650 solo (in foreground and a very interesting amchine indeed), two 1970's Bultaco's, a 1984 Husqvarna 500cc single two-stroke suicide machine, a honda CT75 monkey bike and my newly acquired Yamaha IT250 basher.

post-1424-034808900 1304162465_thumb.jpg

 

Yours truly on one of the Bultaco's - 1976 Alpina 250.

post-1424-059584400 1304162569_thumb.jpg

 

And now I'm off to New Zealand for a week for work - two days in North island and 3 days in Christchurch, where I sincerely hope the ground doesn't shake too much!

Edited by TOM

Shame to hear about the accident, as long as everyone is fine. If only they still had ke38 rep cars going around like yours that would be great! Keep up the good work.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

So after a good month of daily duties the rolla is in the backyard again - I finally have my company car back after being repaired. The old girl treated me well, and it was a good chance to service and tune the motor which now runs like clockwork. I can't wait to have the funds to start work on this, but for the time being it's a handy spare car and pretty garden ornament.

 

Driving it in the wet with the skinny old retreads was predictably fun, and made for some happy days driving to and from work - 45 mins each way.

 

Put an oldschool non-branded tacho in where the clock used to be - it's the most logical spot and went in really easily.

post-1424-0-52816300-1307781215_thumb.jpg

 

Have spent today flashing her up for the pre-square get together / photoshoot on Monday...if the weather holds out.

post-1424-0-46951500-1307781247_thumb.jpg

 

post-1424-0-98281700-1307781266_thumb.jpg

 

post-1424-0-99942800-1307781298_thumb.jpg

 

Also finally put my rollaclub sticker on...

post-1424-0-53789700-1307781327_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.