October 16, 201015 yr comment_475917 hey all, I just picked up a ke70 5 speed for my ke30 which has a ke70 4k this gearbox is off this engine so input shaft is the same, I know I have to cut the hole further down for the stick, but looking at the rear engine mount it's not the same as my ke30??? I don't have the ke70 crossmember so i can't tell if it's going to line up with my orginal cross member holes??? Can any one help me please Paulie Report
October 16, 201015 yr comment_475922 Redrill the holes for the KE70 mount in the KE30 crossmember. All lines up. Report
October 16, 201015 yr Author comment_475924 so i need to get a new rear mount for the ke70? right Report
October 16, 201015 yr comment_475926 The Mounts themselves are different. So if you don't have the one to suit the KE70 rear housing, you wont be able to use the KE30/55 one. The mounts end up in the same position on the crossmember. The KE70 mount has wider hole spacings where it bolts to the crossmember. Probably best to get the gearbox bolted to the engine with mount attached, bolt the crossmember up under it and somehow mark where the holes need to go, just so you know the holes are 100% in the right position. Report
October 16, 201015 yr comment_475951 G`day mate, dunno where you are but I`ve got a ke70 cross member with mount in Toowoomba you can have for free if you pick it up. Cheers. Report
October 16, 201015 yr comment_475968 hey all, I just picked up a ke70 5 speed for my ke30 which has a ke70 4k this gearbox is off this engine so input shaft is the same, I know I have to cut the hole further down for the stick, but looking at the rear engine mount it's not the same as my ke30??? I don't have the ke70 crossmember so i can't tell if it's going to line up with my orginal cross member holes??? Can any one help me please Paulie The Mounts themselves are different. So if you don't have the one to suit the KE70 rear housing, you wont be able to use the KE30/55 one. The mounts end up in the same position on the crossmember. The KE70 mount has wider hole spacings where it bolts to the crossmember. Probably best to get the gearbox bolted to the engine with mount attached, bolt the crossmember up under it and somehow mark where the holes need to go, just so you know the holes are 100% in the right position. ^^what he said. But you'll also have to drop the cross-member (with 'box attached) down about 1 inch or so. The blue RHS rectangle tube from a metal merchant is ideal. And grab a pair of M10x40mmx1.25 bolts so that you can attach the cross-member to the body. You will need the ke70 gearbox mount (not the cross-member) itself cause its different to what the ke3x/5x used Report
October 19, 201015 yr comment_476667 all this applies to putting a k50 gearbox from a ke70 into a stock ke55 aswell right? and i read somewhere that i don't need to cut a new hole for the shifter as my ke55 is an auto... is that right also? thanks Report
October 19, 201015 yr comment_476699 Yep thats about right you don't have to cut a new hole for the shifter. But, you will have to make up a new g'box crossmember cause the mounting holes on the car are different between the auto and manual version cars. Have a search around the forum both here and in the automotive discussion section its been beaten around a bit. Report
October 27, 201015 yr comment_478570 why not just swap your 70 box for a 55 5 speed? Coz I can't find one :y: So i've got a ke55 auto have I got all the following all right? k50 gearbox from a ke70 Crossmember from a ke30-55 manual gearbox (welded to my auto crossmember) The gearbox MOUNT I need from a ke70 The pedal box from a ke30-55 Speedo cable from ke30-55 Shifter from a ke30-55 *ke70* Clutch and flywheel from any k50 *or k40* gearbox Bellhousing from any k50 gearbox have I got all that right? Edited October 29, 201015 yr by jackbyo Report
October 28, 201015 yr comment_478641 a ke30/55 shifter won't fit in a ke70 box, you need the ke70 one or one from a T50 actually fits too. Clutch and flywheel can be from any ke30 through to ke70, with a k40 or k50. Just make sure you don't get the "some 5 speeds" (as its listed in some catalogues) clutch kit as this is for a K-T50. And :hmm: .......better go try and remove the bellhousing from a K40/50. :wink: Report
October 29, 201015 yr comment_479046 Coz I can't find one :y: So i've got a ke55 auto have I got all the following all right? Crossmember from a ke30-55 manual gearbox (welded to my auto crossmember)have I got all that right? Did you do a trial fit before welding ? Report
October 29, 201015 yr comment_479054 ^^what he said. But you'll also have to drop the cross-member (with 'box attached) down about 1 inch or so. The blue RHS rectangle tube from a metal merchant is ideal. And grab a pair of M10x40mmx1.25 bolts so that you can attach the cross-member to the body. Interesting, didnt have to do it when i put the KE70 5speed into my previously auto 78 KE30. But the KE55 5spd with KE70 rear housing is rather close to the floor in the original manual 38. Report
November 6, 201015 yr comment_480590 how about the pedal box fellas? will a ke70 pedal box assembly bolt into a 55? I'm guessing not but just wanted to check cheers Report
November 6, 201015 yr comment_480591 how about the pedal box fellas? will a ke70 pedal box assembly bolt into a 55? I'm guessing not but just wanted to check cheers no Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now