Phoenix, The Real Rockin' Rolla.

emptycoffin

front and rear bar on (Thanks, Evan G) got it all on no dramas. Just have to re wire the front right lights, and replace the left indicator globe.

Also did an oil change/filter etc etc. Runs a bit better again. Had far too much oil in it previously. (Thanks for replying to my text (How much oil going in it? :P )

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: RWC =\

list as follows with stuff that will be fixed today omitted.

Speaker in boot not mounted (You mean the sub that's currently not wired in at all? =\)

Horn U/S. MT KLAXXON! THE BASTARDS WANT ME TO TAKE OFF MY KLAXXON!

Direct quote: "Rust everywhere" - Wheel arches. Was put in contact with someone who'll do a back yard job.

Too many reg stickers. My 1987 reg sticker has to go :( that might take a while.

Window winders missing. (Whoops, forgot to put them back on)

Engine oil leaks. (I think this might just be residual oil from before I put stop leak in)

Gearbox oil leak.

Front stone tray loose.

2. Lower ball joints

Spare wheel not secure

Boot lock missing.

Honestly not -that- bad.

hah nice list... mine wasnt so bad

nothing too major there... how much is the backyard rust job? and is that for cut+weld or bog? treated rust areas tend to creep back. cutting out and welding new metal is the way to go, but you can worry about that later if the bog job is cheap

Oil leaks can be annoying!!

http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?title=Tech:Engine/K_Series/How_To_Fix_K_Motor_Oil_Leaks_%28Problems_And_Cures%29

theres a good guide to the usual suspects... for me it was the spark plug tubes. straightening out the top rim of them and then new o-rings sorted it out. stop leak might help but 9 times out of 10 its an o-ring/washer/gasket somewhere that needs replacing or tightening. usually very cheap and easy

Alternatively you can just clean up any oil when you're around the corner from the mechanic before going in :y: real rat rod style

rego stickers will need a razor blade and de-solv-it or eucalyptus oil

my spare wheel is loose in the boot-well too.... It does bounce a bit on speedbumps but no biggie...

get as much done yourself as you can

Anything that you can't do, make sure you source the parts yourself and then pay for the labour to have them fitted (ball joints for instance)

just yesterday i was looking at my hardtop and was thinking about how good it would look a bit rough, rattle can matte black, jelly beans, wide stance with some slightly dodgy rolled wheel arches....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh cool, thought I owed you a little more. All good! You still have my number, yeah? Just let me know on the monday before whatever weekend you can come around. Will make time for it.

Sorry, Mh. Couldn't part with her :(

Haha that's cool man! Don't sweat it! Keep the beast and make us proud!

• 2 weeks later...

Minor bump:

Cheep chinese DVD head unit with a clip on mirror 10.1" screen. All works well, headunit plays CD cards, USB, Bluetooth, CD, DVD all really well but the sound coming from the tuner is shit. -shrugs- it does the job.

Screen is great, headunit not os much, was a present from dad so I'll have to wait a while to replace it.

Still waiting on the panelbeater to get back to me. Might give him a call tomorrow.

Until then, ideas? Things that I really should do?

Edit: Evan! Lets get these springs done!

Edited by emptycoffin