Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Phoenix, The Real Rockin' Rolla.

Featured Replies

  • Author

Oh wow, I'm sure this car loves me. Was putting in a stop gap amp and my old Hertz speakers and found they're the same size as the stock Rolla speakers. I will never let this car go.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saw you at the cruise you have alot of work do to there mate, good to see your saving it thou...

so what u going to do in regards to paint? going to paint it properly or hit it with more matt black rattle cans?

Oh some help, please. I have -no- idea how to know if wheels will fit the '55. Any help in descriptions is most appreciated. Also if you know anyone selling Jelly Beans that'd be ace. I love their look.

 

from the wiki - stud pattern is 4x114.3mm

 

KE3x, KE5x, KE7x - 4x114.3mm The later cars have 4x114.3mm (114.3mm = 4.5") the same stud pattern as many other Japanese cars of the era. Much easier to find wheels for, however make sure the offset is right. R31 Skyline 15" rims will hit KE30 struts. I believe 110mm is about the maximum inset you'd want to run for fifteens.

 

Find this stud pattern on:

 

Toyotas Celicas, Coronas, Toragos and Cressidas (MX73 Cressidas have 15" rims which fit and look great!) Any Datsun/Nissan up to 1989. Mazda RX7s between 1983 and 1987. After that, they went 5 stud. This is basically any 4-stud RX7 that isn't a Series 1 or 2.

 

Loads of jap cars of the 80s carried this wheel size. you shouldnt have too much trouble finding jelly beans that fit

 

 

 

also i love your enthusiasm about the speakers... I've now decided i need to custom build a new parcel shelf as I rooted the existing one fitting speakers yesterday... hm

Edited by jackbyo

  • Author

Also put my 12" polk momo sub in. none of these speakers have been used in about 4 years and f@$k me do they still work well. Just running of a shitty 2 channel US audio amp and it sounds brilliant. Might keep that amp to power the sub as it's running the exact level I want it to. Surprised at only a few rattles.

  • Author

Saw you at the cruise you have alot of work do to there mate, good to see your saving it thou...

so what u going to do in regards to paint? going to paint it properly or hit it with more matt black rattle cans?

 

All panels are on now (panels minus holes that is) will matt black rattle can until I've got everything else sorted (springs, shocks, brakes, engine, RWC) then go back and strip it panel by panel and get a pro matt black and work for a rat rod look.

 

And thanks heaps, Jackbyo. Really appreciate it. More donations to Rolla club next week I think.

ahh just mask it up and clean with prepsol and go sick... matt black will look tough hides imperfections haha

  • Author

$80 2 channel amp and I'm turning heads. <3 Polk Momo and Hertz. Holy shit it's loud (Not to mention very low on the rattle'o'meter.

  • Author

Time for an update.

 

76070_1719289347294_1390094966_1874554_172068_n.jpg

 

That's the side that had all the damage.

 

Have swapped the interior of the doors, the rubbers, handle and winder but I'm missing the chrome strip from the top of the door/window bit thing.

 

Dropped some seat covers in to cover up the shitty seats, fixed up some damage surrounding the right headlight so it points in the right direction (Using a mild persuader of course) and replaced the right headlight (waiting for another to come in)

 

Going to sand it down a bit and go over it some more with some rattle can all over (though I'm tempted to go gloss, it's looking a bit better)

 

The moment I get a day off I'll be tracking down Evan for a tune and some low plus there's some wheels in tassy that I might go for a drive to get in a couple of weeks. (Jelly beans with semi slicks) From there I'm sort of at a loss as to where to go. RWC, perhaps I think and see how hard they'll bone me.

 

Oh also, looking for a front bar. Anyone?

 

Pic dump.

 

76928_1719291107338_1390094966_1874559_3928197_n.jpg

Locks are inbound as well, just waiting on them to arrive.

 

75631_1719293187390_1390094966_1874567_6637668_n.jpg

 

76004_1719294587425_1390094966_1874570_4511434_n.jpg

 

76747_1719296947484_1390094966_1874573_5833483_n.jpg

 

Pics taken and uploaded on my new Samsung Omnia. <3

Looking quite respectable! Nice one

 

I'd stick with matte if you're gonna rattle can it.

 

When I did my rwc I just asked the mechanic to make a list of what it needed and I'd come back when I'd done it all. He charged me $40 I think and then I just worked off the list. Might be you only need a few little things for rwc

  • Author

Yeah that's what I plan on doing. My mechanic's pretty cool like that. I'll drop by his shop on monday and see what he has to say. He'll be wondering where my old kingswood is :(

ahh that's right

 

funny you should mention kingswoods... my girlfriend really likes the wagons, and recently got offered a good job but they said she needs her own car and it needs to be a decent size...

 

 

So yesterday I got a train down to mittagong and drove home in this :y: :y: :y:

 

post-10916-095974500 1288944575_thumb.jpg

 

hope yours gets back on the road... any pics of it? what happened to it anyway?

omfg! come down get the front and rear bars!, leave me a $60 depoist and ill go compress the spare set of springs i got.

 

then come down on and saturday/sunday and ill lower the front and rear in 4 hours!

 

 

edit - ill even bring em to kebab night? and you can stash it in the bus :lol:

Edited by Evan G

  • Author

She's sitting in my front yard (HX Sedan, Gas 202) But the engine's dead and I don't really have the techsperience to change one over. I was unemployed and couldn't really afford the 550 the wrecker was going to charge to fit a new one (800 in total inc engine... Not really a bad deal) Car is roadworthy with a re-stamped tank, just needs a new engine. Spent about 3k getting it all done and rego'd but it all fell through when it mattered most I guess. Oh well, no kingswood on the road means Rolla!

 

Looks real nice, man. She's got herself a nice car!

 

9321_1254421765895_1390094966_747764_2100666_n.jpg

  • Author

omfg! come down get the front and rear bars!, leave me a $60 depoist and ill go compress the spare set of springs i got.

 

then come down on and saturday/sunday and ill lower the front and rear in 4 hours!

 

 

edit - ill even bring em to kebab night? and you can stash it in the bus :lol:

 

Evan, PM me with your account details. I'll dump the cash straight in. Seriously, though since the king lake cruise I've worked every single day. Starting to get shitty.

Nice HX mate!

Make sure you hold onto that and don't let someone take it off you for some silly amount. 800 really isnt bad for an engine transplant....

 

I wish I could make a rides thread on here for my kingswood ;)

holdens do see to be the second most popular car with rolla people

 

anyway, gotta go put the venetians in my 55 in the rain right now, will update my thread shortly :y:

 

edit: also keep your eyes out for a round headlight grill and lights at the wreckers :y:

Edited by jackbyo

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.