3K Info

ke30nut

Members dont see this ad

thermostat opens at 88degrees.

my 4k screams at 5 grand, doesnt make any power at 6 grand (recently rebuild)

E,

you are correct, power is under the redline. Where the engine won't break is the redline!

I hit 6 grand coming out of the park in Buxton. That was FUN

when i first run in my engine,i wasnt taking it about 4 grand cause it didnt "seam" to like it. now it doesnt like anything more than 5 LOL

i ripped a skid, had bad axle tramp and it popped outta gear, hit 6500 and DIDNT like it at all. so i said sorry and nicely drove back to work

my camry sportivo is like wise to your tacho, the actual redline starts at 6500 but when it gets to 6000 it lights up orange as if to say, "that's enough". She only ever goes there when your bagging it out of the macca's car park.

The owners manual states peek power at 5,500rpm

Edited by GJM85

have to agree with above. my mechanic(peter robinson), who is a guru on all things rolla said 6250 was factory redline, and although my 3k motor is balanced and bored out to 1290cc, and he says could safely go higher, it really does nothing after about 6000. A stock motor there would be little joy in going above 5000

cyberpunky