Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Suspension

Featured Replies

guys what is the most ost effective and eaiest way to improve the handling of my boggo standardo ke70?

 

I've been told uprated ae86 struts bolt on for the rear :)

 

ive searched but can't find specific info any ideas or links??

Various things from changing to a sports-orientated spring set-up, putting some koni inserts in your struts, thicker swaybars to induce oversteer if thats your thing.

 

I'm sure there would be other options, but thats all i can think of at 1am

  • Author

ok. problem is finding that sorta thing....here

 

I think i would need part numbers unless I went custom jobbies.

 

any ideas about the 86 struts on the rear being striaght swap?

 

oh yeah. thanks for the response at 1am :)

<<<<Cool dog.

But on topic, with the suspension - coilovers, I swear it appears so far to be sooo much better to just spend a bit extra and get it done. :)

Thanks

Troy

  • Author
Where is here? Knowing where you are may help us to cheat with what you can use... :pirate:

sorry........ yeah i'm in the uk. (i did start a new thread in the owners bit)

 

I might even be tempted to buy stuff over in US/AUS/NZ and ship them over ?? (depending on price but sayig that..maybe not...... :) )

i think swarbars would do the most, but get some lowered springs

 

search about this on rollaclub, i posted about this exact topic........

  • Author

swaybars... so thats the anti roll bars right? I take it whiteline do them?

  • Author

Just searched your thread and yes, there's plenty of info on there alright! Imust have lost interest when they were comparing brands and who's was better :)

 

cheers for info - I think coilovers might be in excess at this ponit considering the rest of the car will be pretty much stock lol

 

sways, progressive springs, shortened shocks I think is the answer for now.

 

Still no answers as to whether the ae86 rear struts bolt up to the ke70 tho ??

I'm pretty sure they will, but don't hold me to it, do a search on Club4ag aswell. Have a lookin on the jap yahoo auctions aswell for good second hand bits.

i think swarbars would do the most, but get some lowered springs

 

search about this on rollaclub, i posted about this exact topic........

I'm of the other school of thought, I don't touch swaybars until last. Good shocks and springs make the world of difference.

Still no answers as to whether the ae86 rear struts bolt up to the ke70 tho ??

Yes. AE86 rear struts and springs will fit a KE70. Swaybars, panhard rods, 4-link will work as well. Even the front struts are interchangeable.

  • Author
Yes. AE86 rear struts and springs will fit a KE70. Swaybars, panhard rods, 4-link will work as well. Even the front struts are interchangeable.

:down: I'll hold you to it....... well not really but thanks for confirming the rear setup!!!

 

about the fronts of the ke70, they have the stub axles, that the same layout as the 86??

Yeah the front suspension is all interchangable although KE70 strut is slightly thinner. The coilovers out of my old AE86 now reside in a KE70 and it fits no problem. You will need to use AE86 steering arms if you do swap the strut.

 

The only thing I'm not sure about is if AE86 front springs fit KE70 struts. Everything else should work.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.