My Az93R Nova

az93rnova

No, the Nova has different headlights etc to the Australian-delivered Corolla - fairly sure the JDM FXGT lights fit though, but they're much much rarer. Better off just trying to find Nova ones.

o ok yea. Arnt the FXGT an AE82? i think i might make my self a custom grill or play around witht the one i got, see if i can make something look good.

Members dont see this ad

went to our local wreckers on tuesday, i found some badges which i am not sure where to put on the car. But an other thing that really got my interest, was a ae112 corolla with some nice clean looking 16inch genuine mazda wheels (from a late model mx5 i think) with almost new tyres, got the wheels and tyres for 300 dollars drove home and put them on the car, it looks alot better and cleaner than the 14inch stockies,i'm really happy with them wheels. i'll post pictures of that too tomorrow :yes:

Here are pictures of my new wheels of an mx5, i'v been reading trhough a few post on rollaclub and i havenow decided to go with a 4agze conversion because i like the good torque down lower revs, just gotta save up for a half cut now! :hmm:

post-11433-099931700 1290145387_thumb.jpgpost-11433-000456100 1290145464_thumb.jpgpost-11433-067091500 1290145491_thumb.jpgpost-11433-047124400 1290145346_thumb.jpg

Edited by az93rnova

• 1 month later...

Not much done to the nova lately, i been working on my rj70 cruiser putting a new clutch in and fixing other small things so i can put rego on it, and then ill have something to drive while i work on the nova. but its hard to get anything done over christmas, everything is closed

Edited by az93rnova

• 3 weeks later...

well now that christmas and new year is over and everything is open again, i'm getting a new windscreen and at the same time getting my rear window resealed, next will be getting the rust fixed up i removed the driver's door mould and guess what i found..... RUST >| . o well at least its not at a hard spot to get to!

just found out the other day that my nova is as quick as an 2jz-ge n/a supra from 0-100km/h then the supra takes off the supra had extractors and a 3inch exhaust and the nova has extractors and 2 inch exhaust.i love my nova. does anyone know where i could dyno my car on the gold coast?

just found out the other day that my nova is as quick as an 2jz-ge n/a supra from 0-100km/h then the supra takes off the supra had extractors and a 3inch exhaust and the nova has extractors and 2 inch exhaust.i love my nova. does anyone know where i could dyno my car on the gold coast?

I highly doubt your 0-100 claim.....AE92 or the like with a 4AFE would be 9-10 seconds 0-100, NA JZA80 Supra is about 2-3 seconds faster (if launched properly that is). Then again, saying that you're as quick as an NA Supra is hardly a claim to fame, it is like saying you raced a non-turbo S13 or XR6...

I highly doubt your 0-100 claim.....AE92 or the like with a 4AFE would be 9-10 seconds 0-100, NA JZA80 Supra is about 2-3 seconds faster (if launched properly that is). Then again, saying that you're as quick as an NA Supra is hardly a claim to fame, it is like saying you raced a non-turbo S13 or XR6...

my car has a 7A-FE not a 4a-fe. my mate driving my nova did get a little wheelspin due to having the stockies on the front(and lack of experience maybe) and i don't know how good the supra's launch was, but the supra was right beside us in the nova until we got to about 100km/h then started to take of. this was not a serious race i think if someone with more experience in the supra, it would beat my nova.

Edited by az93rnova

my car has a 7A-FE not a 4a-fe. my mate driving my nova did get a little wheelspin due to having the stockies on the front(and lack of experience maybe) and i don't know how good the supra's launch was, but the supra was right beside us in the nova until we got to about 100km/h then started to take of. this was not a serious race i think if someone with more experience in the supra, it would beat my nova.

Sorry, forgot it was a 7A. Still, the result would be basically the same (having a 7A-powered Corolla gives me a bit of experience here) in an ideal world. Had a mate with a slightly worked NA JZA80 too and it would still leave me for dead if he was serious.

Maybe the dufus in the Supra wasn't trying. :hmm:

The only way a Nova like this could flog an N/A Supra, is with a Worked Turbo 4A-GZE stuffed between the Towers, Max Traction Front Tyres, and an Experienced Driver in the Driver's Seat with no-one else in the car with ya. :yes:

Edited by ewt

Sorry, forgot it was a 7A. Still, the result would be basically the same (having a 7A-powered Corolla gives me a bit of experience here) in an ideal world. Had a mate with a slightly worked NA JZA80 too and it would still leave me for dead if he was serious.

mmh ok this one has the extractors exhaust and 18inch wheels with huge tyres on the rear 265's i think, i did test drive his supra afterwards and it deosnt feel like 160kw but then again i wasnt pushing it as i don't like to thrash other peoples cars and i never driven a supra before this one.