December 13, 201015 yr Author comment_488084 Merchant seaman/crane operator. Travel all around and usually do 5 weeks on 5 week off roster. Report
December 13, 201015 yr comment_488103 Merchant seaman/crane operator. Travel all around and usually do 5 weeks on 5 week off roster. Maybe on your next Trip 'round the world, you could take the Ke20 and all the parts to finish it with you and finish it on the boat. :D Or, just do the progress when you're back home. :) Josh :cool: Report
December 13, 201015 yr comment_488126 300rwkwasp ca yewwww that shall be fun man, i like the stockness of the vl would not have been able to tell it was boosted until you heard gate :D unless you didn't have external gate :( Report
December 13, 201015 yr comment_488128 But wouldn't a 300rwkw ca be ruining the car Justin? Lol Report
December 14, 201015 yr comment_488137 :lolcry: YEP hahahahahahaha i don't care man it was just some shit stirring :P nah man it'd be mass fun once it's done Report
December 15, 201015 yr Author comment_488458 The turbo is interal gate, I'll run it and see how it handles 30psi and if I have boost issues I'll go to an external setup Report
December 15, 201015 yr comment_488543 Should handle 30psi fine man. It would be opening alot less often then it would on 7psi. Remember they say the more boost the smaller the gate ;) oh and I'm Sure you remember jet3lt's old setup? Just about 400rwkw on an internal gate Report
December 16, 201015 yr Author comment_488591 cool, we'll see how it goes.. Just picked up an Eboost2 with optional shiftlights. Report
December 16, 201015 yr comment_488617 There a nice bit of gear those eboost2's. Can't wait to see this thing all finished Report
January 18, 201115 yr comment_496293 One day when both our cars are finished, you and I will race! haha it will be a race so full of early-girl ke20 goodness... keep up the good work. Report
March 3, 201115 yr comment_507102 nice thread, just read it through from the start, updates?? :yes: Report
March 3, 201115 yr comment_507114 Hey man this 20 is sick. Sorry bout the sc setup it's still on the car. With your forged ca mate other than rods, pistons blah blah are you using arp head studs a cometic mls head gasket? oh and while your there a bigger sump and or oil restrictors in the top of the block should be a good idea. BIG power and boost ca's need some love to stay together. They are a bit like a 7m head gasket wise and tend to fill the head with oil at over 7500rpm. Once your fixed these fairly minor problems these things are great! 300rwkw are you going cage? Don't want something this clean turning into a white pretzel. Keep up the good work. Stu. Report
March 5, 201115 yr Author comment_507844 Hey stu, it already has restrictors in the block and yeah I'll be using mls gasket, arp head studs and rod bolts so she should hold together. Yeah I'll look at a 4 point cage with taxi bar and side intrusion bars as well for a bit of safety and chassis rigidry brad Report
April 7, 201115 yr Author comment_515405 Well plans have changed a little for now and the ca will be put on the back burner for a bit as I'm buying a house, travelling etc at the moment so I'm going to stick with a hot little K engine to keep costs down for now.. Only real updates are that I have got the new diff in along with the short stroke shocks and lowering blocks, I'm halfway through the manual conversion and I got some new 3" peep mirrors, I'd like opinions on these :) Next will be to pull the front end apart again to fit the short stroke shocks, custom lowered springs and all new joints, pitman arms, bushes etc. Once that is done I'll rego her and drive it while I build the 5k in my shed. Oh yeah, I have new carpet coming and possibly a 6 point bolt in cage. Also picked up a set of twin solex 40s for the bad boy so she'll be running trumpets. Here are a few pics. (I know there's a dint in the rear bumper, I have a VGC one sitting here waiting to go on) Edited April 7, 201115 yr by 7FOUR7 Report
April 7, 201115 yr comment_515426 Mirrors are a WIN! they look awesome, sets it off. keep up the good work, love the red interior. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now