Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regency?

Featured Replies

Ok,quick question, what do you guys mean when you say your car failed Regency and was defected? I'm in Vic so not familiar with the term,is it like a road worthy check or to do with ownership details,just interested..

Yes it's a road worthy check, when your car gets defected you have to take it to regency to get the defect taken off, after you've fixed the problem (although you can also get like a lower defect where you just go to a relevant police station). haven't had much experience myself but if you get defected and you fix what you were defected for, they can look at other problems and defect you on other things.

 

Edit. And your car gets defected by a patrol car, like they pull you over for a reason then have a look at your car and defect you based on what they find.

Edited by jono1986

If you are in Victoria Regency isnt relevant, though you may have heard of the term "Canary" Its a bright yellow piece of paper stuck on the windscreen saying the car is defective. I have not had one so I can't speculate what else is written. That is what Victorians get. :fuzz:

  • Author

Thanks,yea,I'm familiar with the yellow canary down here but just wondered if it was another states excuse for the same thing.Apart from the terminology,the outcomes appears the same wherever you are.

Thanks,yea,I'm familiar with the yellow canary down here but just wondered if it was another states excuse for the same thing.Apart from the terminology,the outcomes appears the same wherever you are.

True I'm from Melbourne as well, however I get the feeling Adelaide is much, much more harder. From what Ive read (and S.A members please correct me), but if you're car goes to regency three times is it permenantly defected and deemed undrivable?

 

On the flip side though, they don't have to worry about roadworthys like Melbourne does.

Regency is what everyone calls the defect inspection station in Regency Park, South Australia.

 

A Regency defect is a full inspection of your car for road-worthiness.

 

Since we don't have yearly roadworthy inspections over here, if your car is given a defect notice (yellow sticker / canary), you will be required to book it in for an inspection, once those things have been fixed.

 

More often than not, when the majority of people take their defected cars to be inspected, more things are added to the list and they 'fail' the inspection, where they are required to now go and fix ten more things that are also wrong with the vehicle and book it in for another inspection (all at your own cost by the way).

 

Most cars pass on the second inspection, sometimes it takes people three tries to get it through.

 

I don't knnow about the whole three times and you're out thing, because I've never been defected to the point I've had to go get a full inspection.

 

I've only ever had the bald tyres on the rear defect when I was younger and that was just a report to the cop shop, get it inspected, pay your $20 bucks and its cleared.

There is the rare case of a car passing first go. Mates mustang went thru for oil leaks, got thru first shot.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.