17'S On Ke30

haydoss

Members dont see this ad

Hey all,

Just wondering if 17's will fit onto my KE30 without major modifications, reason being my dad gets heaps of 17 inch tyres from his work for free and wouldnt cost me anything to get tyres,

cheers :)

anything over 6 inches wide on a 17" rim will not work out they would also need to have a lot of positive offset as the turning path on the front will scrub within the wheel wells on a low offset rim. don't even bother if the profile of the tires are over 45.

Don't get me wrong, it is possible to have 17's but you are very limited in tire/rim choice that will not need alterations to you're wells.

• 2 weeks later...

anything over 6 inches wide on a 17" rim will not work out they would also need to have a lot of positive offset as the turning path on the front will scrub within the wheel wells on a low offset rim. don't even bother if the profile of the tires are over 45.

Don't get me wrong, it is possible to have 17's but you are very limited in tire/rim choice that will not need alterations to you're wells.

whats the best way to get a wider tire on the ke30 with out major mods?

if i get an extender to push the rim out more will that work?

i have some spare wheels for my s13 and the tires on the back of my ke30 were bald so i put the 15's on, the profile of the tires were 65 so you'd be around the same with 17's with very low profiles if not bigger, but with fairly stiff suspension the tires are rubbing in the top of the wheel well, so i can only assume you'd have similar problems. i didnt even bother with the front end because i wouldn't be able to steer at all.

so yes, you can fit the on, but you wont be enjoying the drive at all in my opinion. they'll just be too tall.

it has also raised the ass end of the car, so it now sits 2" higher in the air, give a cool "nose down" point to the body but probably not so good for handling

Edited by Ke30Liam

Hey Mate,

Check out THIS Link, they tell show ya what you will need size whise to keep the same rolling diameter. It doesnt tell ya if itll hit anything else like guards or struts or stuff but is a good guide. For my KE35 they reckon 215/35 17's or 205/40 17's.... 7-8" wide rim for the later but

KE35 <snipe> 215/35 17's or 205/40 17's

My opinion of that - no tire flex when you hit a pot hole, the ride will be shut on the typical aussie road.

And you'll have everybody checking out your poofy undersized brakes behind your rice racer hot wheels rims.