Cheapest Full Respray

shayden

hay all,

today as i was cleaning http://www.rollaclub.com/board/gallery/album/12275/553-my-baby/ and pullin off the black strips on the left side of the car the paint decided to come off with the rubber strips! :( I'm really peed off about it.. n need to find a place or someone that can do a decent job cheap.

thanks all :) really appreciate any help!

post-12275-028607100 1291038647_thumb.jpg

Edited by shayden

Members dont see this ad

Probably a couple of hundred for each panel even if you strip and sand it yourself.

They will want to paint the whole door of course, at least to window height. If you're going to run without protector strips then the missing paint will need to be filled in after undercoating.

I'd suggest you put the side strips back on. Just seal the bits of missing paint with some anti-rust undercoat on an artists brush.

hay all,

today as i was cleaning http://www.rollaclub.com/board/gallery/album/12275/553-my-baby/ and pullin off the black strips on the left side of the car the paint decided to come off with the rubber strips! :( I'm really peed off about it.. n need to find a place or someone that can do a decent job cheap.

thanks all :) really appreciate any help!

post-12275-028607100 1291038647_thumb.jpg

did you heat it before you pulled it off or just yank at it,as simple as a job may seem,sometimes its good to ask the question before you do it because even the simplest of little things often have a secret or easier way to do that others have found out from experience.

Anyway,I think your only real options are as above or try to get a rattle can match,mask, prime,fill and paint the strip area only.Anyway,good luck whatever you do!

Edited by jimmy-d

I just ripped mine off my yellow ke70 got white spray paint for a primer then got the touch up paint from super cheap (same paint code) It looks ok but I rush. you could do it yourself no worries and make it look good if you do it right.

Oh and only mask windows mirrors and other things you don't want yellow on. Then you can blend it better but you might already know that, and I think u can buy clear in a can too

Edited by Istartfires

I just ripped mine off my yellow ke70 got white spray paint for a primer then got the touch up paint from super cheap (same paint code) It looks ok but I rush. you could do it yourself no worries and make it look good if you do it right.

Oh and only mask windows mirrors and other things you don't want yellow on. Then you can blend it better but you might already know that, and I think u can buy clear in a can too

Ayy i didnt use any heat on it this time, the other i left the car in the sun for awhile n it made it noticeable easieer.. Stupid not to heat it up on the second go..:( n yea was thinkin of doin it myself as i did a roof awhile back came up pretty good too :) b ill be hard matchin the color...

Have you considered giving it a go yourself. You can buy the hardware to spray your whole car for about $300 bucks and paint for another about $200. Just need a clean sealed area (carport or garage with plastic drop sheets) and about 50 hours of your own time.

I've seen heaps of guy on rolla club do some great jobs backyard style. There is heaps of vids on the net that can show you lots of tips.

Good luck with it.

post-9445-021640000 1291153331_thumb.jpg

post-9445-042303000 1291153342_thumb.jpg

Ayy i didnt use any heat on it this time, the other i left the car in the sun for awhile n it made it noticeable easieer.. Stupid not to heat it up on the second go..:( n yea was thinkin of doin it myself as i did a roof awhile back came up pretty good too :) b ill be hard matchin the color...

The paint from super cheap is pretty well spot on the same but depends on the condition of ya paint, due too nearly 30 years of sun and other elements it may be slightly different. Or goto a paint place and get them too match the colour for you. It's worth trying too save the money IMO

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probaly going too re paint my sides but I'm not sure if it will look silly. (sides with new paint then bonnet roof boot old) if you know anyone that paints ask them for a hand or some tips.my tip would be use white for a primer, make sure you can't see bare metal through the primer, and do one door at first( get it perfect and learn from that door) I'm not a painter though lol hope it helps

I'm probaly going too re paint my sides but I'm not sure if it will look silly. (sides with new paint then bonnet roof boot old) if you know anyone that paints ask them for a hand or some tips.my tip would be use white for a primer, make sure you can't see bare metal through the primer, and do one door at first( get it perfect and learn from that door) I'm not a painter though lol hope it helps

lol thanks man anyy advice or tips will helps heaps :) ive actually bought doors the same colour to sway over :) n then gna practice on the old ones :)

I'm probaly going too re paint my sides but I'm not sure if it will look silly.

Yep, it will.... I ended up doing everything except the passenger's side, and although the spraypainter matched the colour the gloss is better and the colour depth greater on the new paint. The old side looks faded and worn...

He said I should do it all but I was short of bucks at the time.