Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ravens 1997 Jzx100 Chaser

Featured Replies

Looking good man, Tough as!

  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 104
  • Views 110.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • There is just way more to do over there than here, but in saying that, I've lived here all my life, so a sea change can't be all that bad :)

Posted Images

  • Author

Just had an Exedy Heavy Duty Cushioned Button Clutch installed today.

 

Huge difference, rated to handle around 300rwkw, so that's the weak link between the trans and engine sorted.

 

Next up will be the diff, TRD 1.5 or 2 way LSD is next. :)

  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

When you say you laid the intercooler back can you describe what you mean? Did you bend the top or bottom brackets to make it sit further back?

 

I just bought another Chaser and another of these kits. I want to avoid chopping the reo like I did last time and do this one a bit better.

  • Author

You Z bend the top bracket to lay it back (will need to trim the support for the bonnet catch) and slot the lower two brackets and bend them upwards so you can slide that back further too and allow for the angle of the cooler.

 

You'll also need to remove the A/C Charge Port bracket and push the lines back towards the radiator.

 

Then cut the ends of the chassis rails in a 1/4 circle fashion so the pipe runs neatly past it.

 

If I get time on the weekend, I'll whip the front bar off and take some pictures for you if you require Luke.

Edited by Raven

That would be sweet if you could get pics. I understand what you mean though now - very helpful.

 

I cut so much out of my last one to fit it and was real disappointed with the fit. I am NOT doing that again.

 

Thanks

  • Author

Also a little update.

 

Had a highflow 100 cell catalytic converter fitted back on to the beast today.

 

Unfortunately, boost has dropped from 0.9bar to 0.8bar (from 13psi to 11psi), and its noticeable too, so I wish this boost tee would hurry up and get here so I can wind it back up!

Hey man, This is purely from my experience, I'm not trying to hang crap on your car or your thread. I'm not sure if it's the same boost tee I'm thinking of but the Turbosmart boost tees are leaky as hell and have a tendency to spike pretty hard. In my short experience with them anyway. Mine was spiking out hard enough for fuel cut to engage. Even at lower RPM, fuel cut would sometimes engage.

I'm not a mechanic and I'm no expert but my boost tee was binned as soon as I could afford a decent boost controller and both my boost leaking and spiking problems were solved instantaneously.

Just a kind of heads up, I guess. Hope it all goes well for you. :)

  • Author

This is a gated boost tee, so has a ball and spring inside.

 

Bleed valves on the other hand have a tendency to spike as there is nothing really in place to restrict the line pressure properly.

 

Its cheap and its going on for a dyno day, so if it spikes, I'll know about it.

 

Will be getting a Greddy Profec B in the future, just can't afford it right now. :-)

Ahk cool man. Yeah, those bleed valves are shonky as.

Keen to see some dyno results

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.