Ravens 1997 Jzx100 Chaser

Raven

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad

Just had an Exedy Heavy Duty Cushioned Button Clutch installed today.

Huge difference, rated to handle around 300rwkw, so that's the weak link between the trans and engine sorted.

Next up will be the diff, TRD 1.5 or 2 way LSD is next. :)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

When you say you laid the intercooler back can you describe what you mean? Did you bend the top or bottom brackets to make it sit further back?

I just bought another Chaser and another of these kits. I want to avoid chopping the reo like I did last time and do this one a bit better.

You Z bend the top bracket to lay it back (will need to trim the support for the bonnet catch) and slot the lower two brackets and bend them upwards so you can slide that back further too and allow for the angle of the cooler.

You'll also need to remove the A/C Charge Port bracket and push the lines back towards the radiator.

Then cut the ends of the chassis rails in a 1/4 circle fashion so the pipe runs neatly past it.

If I get time on the weekend, I'll whip the front bar off and take some pictures for you if you require Luke.

Edited by Raven

Also a little update.

Had a highflow 100 cell catalytic converter fitted back on to the beast today.

Unfortunately, boost has dropped from 0.9bar to 0.8bar (from 13psi to 11psi), and its noticeable too, so I wish this boost tee would hurry up and get here so I can wind it back up!

Hey man, This is purely from my experience, I'm not trying to hang crap on your car or your thread. I'm not sure if it's the same boost tee I'm thinking of but the Turbosmart boost tees are leaky as hell and have a tendency to spike pretty hard. In my short experience with them anyway. Mine was spiking out hard enough for fuel cut to engage. Even at lower RPM, fuel cut would sometimes engage.

I'm not a mechanic and I'm no expert but my boost tee was binned as soon as I could afford a decent boost controller and both my boost leaking and spiking problems were solved instantaneously.

Just a kind of heads up, I guess. Hope it all goes well for you. :)

This is a gated boost tee, so has a ball and spring inside.

Bleed valves on the other hand have a tendency to spike as there is nothing really in place to restrict the line pressure properly.

Its cheap and its going on for a dyno day, so if it spikes, I'll know about it.

Will be getting a Greddy Profec B in the future, just can't afford it right now. :-)