Dangdangs Ke70 Project

dangdang

Had a friend asking me about getting him a 4k for his ke70, I instead made an offer on the car and viola' I now own a rwd Rolla :)

Its currently an auto with a 4k-c which overheated due to being leant to an overseas visitor (bloody victorians :P) and was driven with a leaky top radiator hose, got a wee bit hot and developed a big end noise :(

My friend then thought it was a good idea to hold it in low gear until the bottom end exited the sump....

Cloth interior is in really good nick, 140'000 on the clock and only a tiny bit of surface rust on the rh corner under the tail light and the front bumper has been caught on something on the rh side whilst reversing pullling it a little skewif. The head had recently been recoed and it has four brand new shocks/struts.

Thoughts are to initially get another 4k in there and convert to manual, then develop the suspension, brakes wheels and tyres, tidy the exterior and then a 3sge beams and six speed will have to happen if I keep it long enough :D

RIMG1172.jpg

RIMG1173.jpg

RIMG1174.jpg

RIMG1175.jpg

RIMG1181.jpg

RIMG1178.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Cheers guys, I went to pick her up with no preconceptions and....no rust, except for that corner under the tail light which is suface rust...she's a keeper.

Good clean project car! Nomis has a 3SGE and 6speed for sale on here, and a couple of members in Altezzaclub have put them into other Toyotas. If they can make 1350kg of Altezza go they will make a 900kg KE70 fly!

And they sound ACE to boot. The one you mention is also on Toymods and has been for quite some time. Would love to grab it but the budget just wont stretch at the moment coming into xmas.

If I at least get another 4k in her and get it running its a straight forward goer from there to rego. I will then probably use her as my daily (cheaper than the xr6 on fuel!) whilst I pop my 4agte into my current daily ae82.

If its rego'ed and running I tend to get more done on my cars, starting with all the bits that make them drive right, suspension, tyres and brakes. Debadged, flick the strips, widened 15" steelies with old school metal knock on caps and 205/50r15 Falken Avensis rt615's, slightly lower stance and sway bars but stock interior and maybe venetians :P

Then 3sge Beams.

Though I am bloody tempted to put my 4agte in....just out of curiosity what box and bell housing combination would be used to make this happen... :hmm:

dummy3.jpg

dummy5.jpg

dummy6.jpg

Edited by dangdang

Forza- yeah mate just branching out into the community, Copy n paste mate, until its permanently pasting itself in an engine bay I'm keen to explore all ideas :)

In saying that I will put this engine in the 82 first and go from there, may be an option for the ke later on, just that as I haven't explored the idea I thought I would ask.

Most I know are leaning on me to put it in the ke, but I built it for the fwd 82...and so it will be.

I have more than one 4age and so any box info for converting to rwd I appreciate immensely as most of my Toyota experience is based on Fwd platforms (still the best IMO....flame suit...)

At the moment all my concentration is on the 82, and my interest in the ke is as far as throwing the 4k back in to make it a runner....3sge is still pretty much a pipe dream but still very doable, possibly, at some stage, maybe, I hope..... :P Time will tell.

T50, thanks matty, what are they found in? What about the W series boxes?

Edited by dangdang