How Much Would It Cost For Someone To Re-Wire My Whole Ke70?

CodyTravers

Members dont see this ad

what do you mean "re-wire"?

if you are asking about ripping all the wires out of the car, and starting again, thats going to take ages, talking maybe a week full time. maybe even more.

not to mention the cost of equipment (wire isnt cheap, relays, fuse boxes, crimps, heat shring, switches, bulbs....etc)

i dare say you are probably looking at $4000+ to get an auto elecy to wire up your car.

why exactly do you want to-rewire the whole thing? whats wrong with the standard wires?

if you do it yourself it will be heaps cheaper, you can actually buy car wiring kits, few hundred bucks, get a fuse/relay box (used in hot rods, vintage or custom cars). i considered doing this to mine, but decided it was far to much effort for no real gain other than it looks better. but its ALOT of effort. and will be complicated, things like windscreen wipers and indicators are a little complicated, definately do-able but if your not up on electrics, it will drive you insane. factory automotive wiring is designed to use minimum wiring, so they tend to do little tricks (funky ground paths etc) that can do your head in if you don't understand it.

I'm considering doing this myself in the not to distant future as the original system has only a couple of relays where I would like most of my circuits to be controlled by them. Even doing it myself will be expensive cause the fuseboxes that you see in newer cars can be up to $300-400 (just for the little box thing that holds them), then cabling/relays/terminals/plugs on top of that aswell. ke70dave has said everything that's needed to be said...the main question is why you want to do it?0 The reason I mean (Not having a go at you).

i know some of the guys will disagree... but... what i am doing is starting at the rear of the car and as i do body work i am also rewiring. sorta. I'm recycling as much as i can and running new wire, major components that i don't have the time (or know how) to do i am just leaving and if i feel like i need to ill come back to them latter. but like dave says its a LOT of effort for no real gain unless you have major issues.

as a side note google car wiring, there is a HEAP of info out there. most of it is for hotrods but the principal is the same

you could put a buzzer in.

something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Headlight-on-buzzer-Alarm-Reminder-Brand-New-/400102788400?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d27fc0d30

there is probably a jaycar equivilent.

but if you get a 12V buzzer, and a diode you could make one really simply.

if your set on rewiring i would do as reaper_mobb is doing do it your self (cheap) and just make your way forward, that way ya know what wire goes to what which will save time later on.

i will be rewiring a majority of my ta22, due to moving battery to boot, mice ate wires, 2 looms cut and shut, fuse box relocated to underdash/glove box, adding extra relays, gauges etc.

don't do it unless its needed in my opinion.

I'd just install a relay that open circuits the headlight circuit (fuse) when the ignition is off. Was thinking of doing the same thing cause used to drive to work when it was dark then arrive when it was light.

Said jaycar unit : http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5317&keywords=headlight&form=KEYWORD

Edited by jono1986