Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4Agz(T)E

Featured Replies

Hi every one

 

I have been looking at turbo's for the 4agze motor and am a bit stumped on what to go for, e.g the garretts from SR20DET's or a bit smaller as its only a 1.6L?

 

Turbochargers > GT25 Family > GT2554R - 471171- 3

Turbochargers > GT25 Family > GT2560R - 466541- 4

Turbochargers > GT28 Family > GT2854R - 471171- 9

Turbochargers > GT28 Family > GT2860RS - 739548 - 1

 

If anyone can tell me what they would behave, as in taking longer to spool etc would be helpfull as to which i would go for.

I'm also not clear on what the A/R size means?

I'm not planning on huge power, say nothing over 200kw, so i was thinking GT2854R - 471171- 9 or the GT2554R - 471171- 3. I'm not sure if the GT2854R would take longer to spool than the GT2554R?

Any help will be great and let me know what anyone else/you are running.

what makes it better?

 

if you are serious about choosing the right turbo, you need to start looking at compressor maps, and understanding how ot use them to choose you turbo.

 

I'm not up on how to use them completely, but there is heaps of info out there on how to do it.

 

here is a good start, very intersting stuff.

 

http://www.automotivearticles.com/Turbo_Selection.shtml

Edited by ke70dave

Was using a GT25/74 on my gte project before I sold up, same as the red top sr20 turbo, seemed like it was fitting for what I wanted.

 

Lately I have been looking at using the T22 from the z32 300zx, I think it will fair alright being that it is used on 1.5L.

 

Also, don't get confused with GT turbos being ball bearing, they use GT on any of their series so even bush turbos (like the GT25/74 above) are called a gt turbo.

Edited by Trev

  • Author

Thanks guys, yeah i realised that not all are ball bearing turbo's after reading the info on the garrett site.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.